Week 5 TNF GDT: Indianapolis Colts (1-2-1) at Denver Broncos (2-2)

Broncofan

Who wins the TNF game?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the TNF game?

• Indianapolis
    • Denver
    • I just want a good game
    • I just want ppl to have fun
    • Oh god please no more Nathaniel Hackett

20 minutes ago, sportcourt7 said:

How late does your friend have to stay up? Is 8:30pm too late for him? 😄

Sorry, should've mentioned he gets up at 4 a.m. (west coast) for work lol. We're both bummed AF about the knee injury for Javonte Williams, erbody likes that guy. 

56 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Sorry, should've mentioned he gets up at 4 a.m. (west coast) for work lol. We're both bummed AF about the knee injury for Javonte Williams, erbody likes that guy. 

Gotcha. I was just thinking the one place you don't have to stay up late to watch primetime games is the west coast.

29 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

I thought we were friends 

I can't think of a HC who was turned on as fast as Hackett.  How much blame for the struggle falls on Russ?  I thought Russ looked a step behind his last year in SEA.  Didn't see him falling off a cliff but wasn't that elite QB anymore.

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I can't think of a HC who was turned on as fast as Hackett.  How much blame for the struggle falls on Russ?  I thought Russ looked a step behind his last year in SEA.  Didn't see him falling off a cliff but wasn't that elite QB anymore.

Just watch the offense and the plays. Less to do with Russ. More to do with situational playcalling and design. Very little to do with Russ and a lot to do with Hackett.

He's even been quoted saying he wants to make Russ a full time pocket passer 

Edited by BullsandBroncos

With this injury report, 2 really key matchups:

-IND OL vs. our EDGE's, both in run & pass game - we're down not only Randy Gregory, but Jonathan Cooper & even our 5th EDGE (more a ST guy), Aaron Patrick.  We're only going to rotate 3 guys at EDGE - Chubb, Baron Browning and Nik Bonnito.  Bonnito is undersized, too.    So the Colts will no doubt try to wear down our DL much like the Raiders did.   If we keep it to 2nd / 3rd and long, then getting after Matt Ryan has been really successful at getting sacks and TO's.     

-On the flip side, no Meinerz at RG is a big mismatch for DeForest Buckner vs. Graham Glasgow.    The status of RT Billy Turner is pivotal - but Turner's not been able to get on the field for any game, so it's not like we can take much solace from having practiced 3x this week.   It would be massive if he could play and play even close to his GB from - after a decent first couple of games, RT Cameron Fleming has struggled - which isn't a surprise, he struggled a ton last year.   It's disheartening that our swing T Calvin Anderson can't get on the field - because Fleming has been a minus the last 2 weeks.

We can't complain, though - losing J-Taylor (while we lost Javonte Williams, but still it's JT) and Shaq Leonard, no excuses.    These are the games that define a season.     Sucks that we lost so much star power on both sides, though (FS Justin Simmons could return next week).    A game with JT & Shaq and Javonte Williams and Gregory/Simmons was likely what had TV execs excited to put this on prime time.

• Like 1

This should be a fairly boring game with the Colts not having Taylor and just an abysmal offense. Denver will make plays on defense, and I'm hoping Russ magic can be seen for more than just a half of a quarter. Denver's defense will get some big turnovers, and I feel like the Denver offense will chip away until it's too late. People are saying that Denver has the worst coach, but Reich is largely overrated if people are giving him credit, and these coaches will battle to be outcoached by the other. So it's a wash in that department to be sure. I see a game that's 13-3 at halftime, and then Denver pulls away somewhat and it ends on a score of something like 23-10. Having watched the Colts/Titans game, and Denver a few times on primetime, I can't see how it's only Denver plus 3. Denver has the better team, and they just were out of sync, made some dumb plays, and still kept things pretty tight. Russell Wilson can still make the throws, and once he is more accustomed to this offense, things will be better. And it's usually the receivers making the errors anyway. But there's no way the Colts offensive line can match up against Denver so they should win on pure talent alone.

On 10/4/2022 at 9:37 PM, FinSting said:

Wow just noticed the Broncos are playing FOUR of their first six games in primetime. 

My Broncos friend on the West Coast is getting sick of staying up late to watch his team. 

A by-product of the off-season hype they enjoy every single year