Week 11 GDT

Breesus mode

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

The Jaguars have only beaten one team with a winning record so far this season and that is the Pittsburgh Steelers.  I might be wrong about that, so I apologize if I am.  The reason I bring that up is, teams in the postseason aren't going to have a losing record.  Are the Jaguars going to be constantly ahead in games (or have games be really close) against good teams where Blake Bortles doesn't have to do much?  If so, fine. 

I know Blake Brotles is just one player, but he happens to play the most important position in all of sports.  That one player being bad is a really big detriment to a team.

Again, no one is saying the Jaguars are going to go into the playoffs and travel up to Foxborough/Heinz field and get a W.

Just saying that they are a quality/tough team. As long as they don't turn it over, the defense along with the running game has a good chance of keeping the game close/making it tough. When games are like that, anything can happen. We've seen that historically with teams with below average QB play when they have a good run game/elite defense.

Just now, BroncoSojia said:

I was told by Bills fans that Tyrod Taylor was the main problem with the offense....

Theres a whole thread dedicated to how Bills fans told the rest of us how Tyrod Taylor was the reason they had issues on offense. Ofc getting some garbage time yards is much better. Shows aggressiveness. So far aggressiveness also creates some turnovers, who would have thought?

As a morronic Ravens fan who still have playoff hopes, I am okay with it though. I just feel bad for Tyrod Taylor.

1 minute ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Chargers should be up by 30+ by the 4th quarter

This is a team that allowed 4th and 26 to be converted against them when a stop would have won the game.  If they could actually tackle McCoy  I might feel more confident.  But this offense is perfectly capable of giving up two turnovers for TD's.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Again, no one is saying the Jaguars are going to go into the playoffs and travel up to Foxborough/Heinz field and get a W.

Just saying that they are a quality/tough team. As long as they don't turn it over, the defense along with the running game has a good chance of keeping the game close/making it tough. When games are like that, anything can happen. We've seen that historically with teams with below average QB play when they have a good run game/elite defense.

Yeah, no one here is saying they’ll go into the playoffs and win every game and dominate everyone. But they’re a great defense paired with a great run game that is good enough to be a legitimate threat to make some noise.

But this rhetoric that they’re a mediocre team that's gotten to their record on the heels of luck, that is only a 3 seed contender because the AFC is trash, and that beating a team by two scores is proof that they’re frauds is just plain disrespectful to what they’ve done. 

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

2016 3 seed: Steelers

2015 3 seed: Bengals

2014 3 seed: Steelers

2013 3 seed: Bengals

2012 3 seed: Texans

2011 3 seed: Texans

2010 3 seed: Colts (this was that really bad Peyton team)

How many of these were honestly better than the Jaguars have looked?

I'd definitely take the Steelers that ended the regular season on a six-game winning streak. 

I'd take the 12-4 Bengals team with good Andy Dalton.

2014 Steelers are tough because their defense was below average. I still lean with the three Bs being able to outscore the Jags run game.

Probably lean Jags over 2013 Bengals because Cincy had absolutely no run game and forcing Dalton into passing situations could be rough.

Probably take both Texans teams. Schaub was a better game manager and AJ was there. Both teams have strong run games. Jags have a better D, but I think the passing edge makes a bigger difference.

2010 Colts I have no idea, but they did have Peyton...

So yeah, I think they aren't a good three seed. Not a historically bad one, but below average. 

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

This is a team that allowed 4th and 26 to be converted against them when a stop would have won the game.  If they could actually tackle McCoy  I might feel more confident.  But this offense is perfectly capable of giving up two turnovers for TD's.

Show some respect for the team that made you.

Archived