Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

10 minutes ago, Docknstein11 said:

As exciting as it was to hear the pick could be traded soon I think it benefits the Bears to hold onto it until after the first wave of FA. Let’s see where we still need help before declaring how many picks we want involved for this year, or if they want to include a veteran player. Unless they make an offer Poles can’t refuse…

isn't that the exact reason you WANT them to make the trade before FA? imagine if Indy throws in buckner, then there's no reason to drop money on hargrave/jones and you can allocate those funds somewhere else

and you wouldn't want to limit the number of picks you have, regardless of what happens in FA

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

i mean, their ammo is relatively the same. CAR got some picks back from CMC, but traded a handful for darnold and corral

Indy - 1.4, 2.35, 3.79, 4.106, 5.140, 5.164, 7, 7 - total value 2,694

Car - 1.9, 2.39, 2.61, 3.93, 4.114, 4.132, 5.147, 7 - total value 2,424

I would also expect Indy to be a slightly worse team than carolina, which always plays in trades (most recent example is us v. packers in trades for Mack and Claypool)

Yeah in points...but give me #9, #39 & #61 over #4 & #35 all day long.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

i mean, their ammo is relatively the same. CAR got some picks back from CMC, but traded a handful for darnold and corral

Indy - 1.4, 2.35, 3.79, 4.106, 5.140, 5.164, 7, 7 - total value 2,694

Car - 1.9, 2.39, 2.61, 3.93, 4.114, 4.132, 5.147, 7 - total value 2,424

I would also expect Indy to be a slightly worse team than carolina, which always plays in trades (most recent example is us v. packers in trades for Mack and Claypool)

I think the Colts are better than people give them credit for. The vet QB experiments over the last few years have been bad, but they still have plenty of talent on offense and defense.

35 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Yeah in points...but give me #9, #39 & #61 over #4 & #35 all day long.

Nah brah. The latter still includes getting a blue chip pass rusher. Panthers deal is only sweeter to me if we get their 24 +25 1 over just the colts 24 1

15 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Nah brah. The latter still includes getting a blue chip pass rusher. Panthers deal is only sweeter to me if we get their 24 +25 1 over just the colts 24 1

I think we could still have a shot at Carter even at #9...that said I am not sure that will be the plan...part of me would rather have an OT to give Fields the best shot of developing and to not have to over pay for one in FA...I just think there are so many outstanding pass rushers in this draft that we don't need to put everything on one at #4...I think taking two would be much more effective.

30 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

exactly. could we then potentially deal #4 to LV/ATL/TEN? maybe. then get another 2nd and/or 3rd AND still draft higher than 9. cool

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I think the Colts are better than people give them credit for. The vet QB experiments over the last few years have been bad, but they still have plenty of talent on offense and defense.

new, unproven HC. offensive line that is expensive and playing like dog poop. defense that is losing 2 of its better players to FA and their best is coming off a (back/neck?) injury. in a division with a good jax team, tough AF titans team, and a texans team that swept them last year.

imma put my money on the panthers being the better team

8 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

Not if we see Jimmy G or Lamar Jackson go to teams in the Top 10, then we have 1 less realistic trading partner.

Jimmy G signing with a team in the top 10 is probably a great sign for us. 

Lamar going to a team in the top 10 means Baltimore is in the top 10 in need of a young QB. 

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Anyone else really hoping Poles is currently talking to Brian Burns agent about a long term extension? 😂

If we could get him included within a deal for the #1 pick it would be a huge win especially before FA opens on Monday.

Absolutely. That would definitely check a box for us going into both FA and the draft.

18 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Is this true though?  I'd seen reports that 24 and 25 picks are available now to trade but 26 aren't available until the new league year.

It's incorrect, 25 picks could be traded as of the start of the last draft, 26 picks can be traded as of the start of this year's draft.  No trades can be finalized until the start of the new league year, doesn't matter what compensation is included.