Race for the #1 pick

beardown3231

What would you guys say if the Texans came to us, wanting to ensure they get Young, and offer the Browns 2024 1st rounder. Just that to move down to #2?

We would still control the remaining QB draft market (there are 4 QBs who will be taking in the 1st, probably all in the TOp 13, so losing one of them doesnt take what #2 is worth)ย 

24 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

What would you guys say if the Texans came to us, wanting to ensure they get Young, and offer the Browns 2024 1st rounder. Just that to move down to #2?

We would still control the remaining QB draft market (there are 4 QBs who will be taking in the 1st, probably all in the TOp 13, so losing one of them doesnt take what #2 is worth)ย 

yeah, i'd rather have a 2024 1 than a 2023 2nd. That 1st could also be dangled to move back into the 1st this year if we really wanted too. also, if we drop to 2, we could always pick up more picks with another trade. grabbing a future 1st for moving 1 draft spot would be robbery

15 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I personally think Poles would take it only if we are already dead set on trading out of 2 as well. I think Poles needs to add extra 2023 draft capital too. That would be an ideal situation IMO for a 1->2->4 move that probably also nets us INDโ€™s 2 and a high 2024 pick, plus still Anderson or Carter.ย 

With that said, if the 1st pick turned into nothing more than a future 1 on top of Carter/Anderson Iโ€™m fine with that too. Also, before accepting Iโ€™d push back and try to get their 2024 1 instead of Clevelandโ€™s first and see if theyโ€™d go there.ย 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Absolutely I would. That is still a lot of ammo to trade up for a player and honestly I have little faith Watson gets back to his peak again.

ย 

If I could get 2 trade backs (HOU and IND) and get just back to 1.4 and 2 additional 2024 1sts then I consider that a complete victory.

If Fields collapses this season then you have 2 prospects I like better than any QB in this draft, Marvin Harrsion Jr and Olu Fashanu would be the WR1 and OT1 in this draft right now (Harrison Jr.'sย  teammate Egbuka might be too TBH), and I have a draft crush on James Williams (dude would be an incredible WILL IMO - but for the last 1st roundย  pick, not the early one) and Sawyer, Verse or Turner (missing a few off the top of my head) as potential bookends to be paired with Anderson or Carter?

Hell yeah.

5 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

yeah, i'd rather have a 2024 1 than a 2023 2nd. That 1st could also be dangled to move back into the 1st this year if we really wanted too. also, if we drop to 2, we could always pick up more picks with another trade. grabbing a future 1st for moving 1 draft spot would be robbery

Very similar to the psychological study of kids given a doughnut and told if they donโ€™t touch it after the psychologist leaves the room theyโ€™ll get two doughnuts later on. But the thought to me of the one doughnut having sprinkles on it I like vs the two in the future not having the sprinkles I like make me wonder which one I want right now.ย 

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Totally read that wrong ๐Ÿ˜‚

Edited by Madmike90

Per Daniel Jeremiah

...here would be the three trades. If weโ€™re going to look at those teams as, 2, the Texans, 4, the Colts, and 9, the Panthers, here would be how that would shake out on the trade chart. So if you are just going to go back to pick No. 2, youโ€™re going to get the second pick, the 33rd pick, and next yearโ€™s two. That would be the trade you would have there with the Texans. If you go to 4, would you have to give up a fourth round pick this year. Or, sorry. A fourth round pick in 2024 as well as the No. 1 overall pick. You would get No. 4 overall, No. 35 overall, and a first round pick in โ€˜24, and a second round pick in โ€˜24.

If you want to go all the way to 9, you are going to get the ninth pick, you are going to get the 39th pick, and get a first round in โ€˜24 and a first round in โ€˜25. So when I look at all those halls โ€” and I understand you could be trading off of the opportunity to get one of the premiere defensive players there at 2 or 4. If you ask me what I would do, I would be hoping the Carolina Panthers want to pay that price. Iโ€™ll go to 9, and Iโ€™ll take all those first round picks and letโ€™s go try and fill some of these needs. So those are the three teams I think that will be in the mix, and those are the three options.

ย 

So essentially for giving up the 1.1 the Bears would receive:

- Texans give up 1.2, 2.32, and a 2024 2nd

- IND gives up 1.4, 2.35, 2024 1st, 2024 2nd, BUT also the Bears give up a 2024 4th.

- CAR gives up 1.9, 2.39, 2024 1st, and a 2025 1st.

ย 

I'm likely taking HOU and then trying to get either of the others to bite, even if I have to adjust the compensation to account for the move down. I think IND's 2024 1st will be a top 10 pick since their roster is bad like Chicago's. They aren't a QB away from being good, and while the Jags and Titans are far from powerhouses they should be significantly better this year.

I think Reich raises the floor for CAR and if they do sign Carr they won't be making this trade so I'm assuming Carr lands elsewhere. Even if Reich and the new QB get them into drafting in the 13-20 range then it is still two more first round picks. If Fields does bust, and I'm hoping not, then that gives ammo to move up for a guy in either 2024 or 2025. If he is the guy then you just got a lot of draft capital to surround your franchise QB with talent.

ย 

ย 

Mel Kiper just mocked the Double Trade down...

Its out there boys, Im telling you, we get the Texans to bite, and we still control everything with 4 (or 5 depending on how low we would go) teams still wanting a QB

Especially if Houston is the one who truly loves Bryce Young, and the others are weary on him

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Mel Kiper just mocked the Double Trade down...

Its out there boys, Im telling you, we get the Texans to bite, and we still control everything with 4 (or 5 depending on how low we would go) teams still wanting a QB

Especially if Houston is the one who truly loves Bryce Young, and the others are weary on him

Or if IND really loves Levis.

michael-scott-im-ready.gif

Just now, TankWilliams said:

As an Indianapolis resident, I sure as hell hope they don't draft Levisย :D

IDC who they draft, I just want the Bears to get as much draft capital as possible.

If they become insufferable to you though, you will have my sympathy. Rest assured, it is for the greater good. ๐Ÿ˜…