Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

9 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

What are the needs looking like?

Not an ILB early. Otherwise possibly everything. Possibly multiples of all of it.

I still think there is room for a WR at some point even if we retain Lazard, and Watson and Doubs are what we hope they are.  I like Toure too, but he has shown the least before.  I believe that Cobb and Watkins are gone after this season.

DL will need a little help too, most likely.  Lowry and Reed are probably gone, which leaves Slayon and Wyatt to team with Clark.  Getting more talent here probably helps, I think that starting 3 is pretty good though.  And we have Ford, who was better than I thought he would be in preseason but needs work before he is in games that count.

RB is a need, especially if Jones is a cap cut.

S is a big one, again.  Only Savage is under contract next season, as far as I can tell.  

I also think the only TE that is under contract is Deguara.  That will also need to be addressed in some way.  I love Marcedes Lewis, but how long can we pay him 4 million for 7 catches and some blocking? If we really need that extra blocker put in an actual tackle that makes 400k.  

8 hours ago, Scoremore said:

I'd lay off on locking it just yet.  One game does not set a trend.  Let's see how they fare tomorrow night.  Drop that one and this thread is back alive and kicking.

Why did you get into the NFL ?

For me it was actually watching the sport. 9-8 gives you a realistic chance of the playoffs in the NFC and if you make the playoffs then you have a chance. For me, when we lose our 9th game, the season is done and fine tank if you want until then its live and we need to be game planning like its the super bowl.

Watching a game you don't really want us to win (or know its better to lose) is a pretty wretched experience.  The next season starts September. That's a very long time away. I'm not going to going to give up on the season till I absolutely have to. Not because I think this team will do anything this year but because I am into the NFL to watch games like sunday night and every win keeps the season alive a week longer.

Just great to see for once this season, the team showed a bit of backbone v Dallas and came through after a difficult start. Nice contrast to the cry baby entitled fans who give up on the season after a 3-6 start.

So yeah if we lose to Titans, feel free to hope we tank the rest of the way if you want.

5 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I still think there is room for a WR at some point even if we retain Lazard, and Watson and Doubs are what we hope they are.  I like Toure too, but he has shown the least before.  I believe that Cobb and Watkins are gone after this season.

DL will need a little help too, most likely.  Lowry and Reed are probably gone, which leaves Slayon and Wyatt to team with Clark.  Getting more talent here probably helps, I think that starting 3 is pretty good though.  And we have Ford, who was better than I thought he would be in preseason but needs work before he is in games that count.

RB is a need, especially if Jones is a cap cut.

S is a big one, again.  Only Savage is under contract next season, as far as I can tell.  

I also think the only TE that is under contract is Deguara.  That will also need to be addressed in some way.  I love Marcedes Lewis, but how long can we pay him 4 million for 7 catches and some blocking? If we really need that extra blocker put in an actual tackle that makes 400k.  

You made me remember Kevin Barry.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Why did you get into the NFL ?

For me it was actually watching the sport. 9-8 gives you a realistic chance of the playoffs in the NFC and if you make the playoffs then you have a chance. For me, when we lose our 9th game, the season is done and fine tank if you want until then its live and we need to be game planning like its the super bowl.

Watching a game you don't really want us to win (or know its better to lose) is a pretty wretched experience.  The next season starts September. That's a very long time away. I'm not going to going to give up on the season till I absolutely have to. Not because I think this team will do anything this year but because I am into the NFL to watch games like sunday night and every win keeps the season alive a week longer.

Just great to see for once this season, the team showed a bit of backbone v Dallas and came through after a difficult start. Nice contrast to the cry baby entitled fans who give up on the season after a 3-6 start.

So yeah if we lose to Titans, feel free to hope we tank the rest of the way if you want.

Lighten up Francis.  If they can't beat the Titans at home I'll have serious doubts they can go on to win at Philly and Miami.  3 more losses puts you at 8-9.  But your right I won't want them to lose until they are mathematically eliminated.  

7 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

Given the fact that we lost almost every tiebreaker possible, 10 wins might be needed to guarantee a playoff spot.  Green Bay currently has the tiebreaker over Tampa Bay and Dallas, but don't against Washington, NY Giants, and Minnesota (currently).

• Like 1