Week 10 GDT - Bears vs Grumpy Cats

Sugashane

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Hurts now.   Will feel better in April drafting that much higher.  

According to the chgo post game pod, had we won that game we'd be currently slotted to draft 16th. By losing it, we're currently slotted to draft 6th.

Obviously still a ton of football left so there's plenty of room to bounce around, but I'll take that L for 10 draft spots

• Like 5

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

This roster needs a ton of work like you said, and with as bad as it is they shouldn't win more than one game for the rest of the season. And as much as Fields has been playing hero ball lately he needs to start progressing in the pass game right now he is just playing as an athlete. He is still missing too many throws for the little bit they are throwing. Yes I know the offense around him is pretty bad, but along with getting better players for him he need to be a better QB. As for Claypool he either needs to step up or they need to scheme him into the offense more he was pretty non existent today.

Claypool has played 2 games and is still learning the playbook. Hard to just plug and play a WR in the middle of a season and expect him to ball out right away.

I don't know what more you can expect from Fields right now given that the pass blocking and how the pocket is breaking down around him more often than not. They really have no choice but to have him play hero ball

As long as he's moving the offense and putting up points plus gaining confidence, which has been the case the last several weeks, then that should be viewed as a big win for this season

• Like 2

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Claypool has played 2 games and is still learning the playbook. Hard to just plug and play a WR in the middle of a season and expect him to ball out right away.

I don't know what more you can expect from Fields right now given that the pass blocking and how the pocket is breaking down around him more often than not. They really have no choice but to have him play hero ball

As long as he's moving the offense and putting up points plus gaining confidence, which has been the case the last several weeks, then that should be viewed as a big win for this season

Like I said he needs to keep progressing, mainly in the passing game. And that offense didn’t move **** to close out the game, so no the whole team has a ways to go. 

I kind of don't understand this thread anymore....

Fields needs to keep progressing is basically just saying nothing....he literally already is setting records

The defense sucks...i think we have like the most cap space ever and 7 draft picks

The Oline actually looks good to me

I just don't get these comments

We are in a rebuild, like....just watch the rebuild haha

Edited by MonserinNC
  • Like 2

If we look back at my expectation of this season with Fields - I wanted to see progression from Year 1 to 2. I think we have definitely seen it. This is a guy we can build around. Year 3 - build up the passing game and win an MVP with a revamped roster.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

Fields needs to keep progressing is basically just saying nothing....he literally already is setting records

The defense sucks...i think we have like the most cap space ever and 7 draft picks

You don't get what comments? Because they're in a rebuild, no player, coach or front office executive deserves *any* criticism?

• Like 2

I mean one to two bad calls is normal.  That is football.  

But the timing and multitude of them and the converse no calls for other side was game changing in this one. 

People that say you can’t blame officiating are off.  Officials can absolutely change games and tip scales in favor of one team or another.  

What is true is blaming officials too often ruins game itself. You have to have some faith they are doing their best, are impartial and are not corrupt, just incompetent or having a bad day.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

-Defense before the Quinn trade (7 games): 18.9 ppg allowed 

-Defense since Quinn trade (3 games): 38.3 ppg allowed

People wondered why they kept him after the Mack move? This is why. Now, his presence isn’t really worth 20 ppg, but it obviously mattered. 

• Like 1