Are the Rams having the worst Super Bowl defense ever?

CP3MVP

I want to hear everyone’s thoughts. I remember there being talks about how they can repeat. They are now 3-6 and in 3rd  place in their division. The offensive line is a disaster, Matt Stafford looks washed and the offense is one of the worst in the league. Is this the worst SB defense we have seen?

To put it in perspective, last years bucs won 13 games and made it to the divisional round. other Recent defending SB champs.

2019 Chiefs: Next year went 14-2 and lost in SB

2018 Pats: Next Year went 11-5 lost in the wild card round

2017 Eagles: Next year went 9-7 and lost in the divisional 

2016 Patriots: Next Year went 13-3 and lost in the SB

2015 Broncos: 9-7 Missed the playoffs 

2014 Patriots: 12-4 Lost in AFC title game 

Edited by CP3MVP

They haven't been good but the schedule has been rough.  Cowboys, Bills, and 2x 49ers (who own them) are responsible for 4 of their losses.  The Bucs loss was the most inexcusable, but 5 of their next 7 games they should be favored (Cardinals, Saints, Raiders, Packers, Broncos).  I think they will beat the Seahawks too.

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

They haven't been good but the schedule has been rough.  Cowboys, Bills, and 2x 49ers (who own them) are responsible for 4 of their losses.  The Bucs loss was the most inexcusable, but 5 of their next 7 games they should be favored (Cardinals, Saints, Raiders, Packers, Broncos).  I think they will beat the Seahawks too.

They have been arguably the best team since McVay has taken over in beating inferior teams. They will lose to the top teams, but they will handle business against who they have to and always end up in the playoffs or at the very least right in the hunt. The offense looks broken and it may just stay that way with no run game and Stafford not playing good but the defense is still good enough to win them a bunch of games. They probably end up with 8-9 wins so while they won't be great, they won't end the season being awful either. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

They have been arguably the best team since McVay has taken over in beating inferior teams. They will lose to the top teams, but they will handle business against who they have to and always end up in the playoffs or at the very least right in the hunt. The offense looks broken and it may just stay that way with no run game and Stafford not playing good but the defense is still good enough to win them a bunch of games. They probably end up with 8-9 wins so while they won't be great, they won't end the season being awful either. 

Something I am very jealous of as a niner fan given that the 49ers will just randomly drop a game to anyone at any time. 

• Like 1