Week 11 GDT: Raiders at Broncos

NYRaider

Will we bounce back?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Winner of the Toilet Bowl?

• Raiders
    • Broncos

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

If we sweep the Broncos, does that mean THEY are now having the most disappointing season? 

As bad as things have been in Vegas. They have a top defense. Sold the farm for Wilson, paid him 245 million and have the worst offense in the league. 

Sure but I doubt the Raiders sweep the Broncos. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if this makeshift held together by spiderwebs and gum defense convinces Bronco fans that Russell Wilson is still an elite QB. 

• Like 4

Some things I want to see today...

1. For God sake give Koonce the majority of the snaps across from Crosby. Jones sucks...plain and simple - Koonce at the very least can't be worse. This gives him a chance to show what he can do and might light a fire under Jones.
  2. Extensive use of Tillery - not saying he is awesome, but it has to be an upgrade on Vickers
  3. Keep Masterson and Webb out there as much as they can (if fit) - these guys need reps, and against the Colts they were (again at the very least) no worse than who they replaced. These two guys could be gems in the rough.
  4. DO NOT let Cole touch the field as he can't catch a cold - instead let DJ Turner take those reps
  5. Use Moreau extensively
  6. While I know Jacobs is the guy, White needs some more reps to get his confidence up

Go Raiders!!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Heart of Oak said:

1. For God sake give Koonce the majority of the snaps across from Crosby. Jones sucks...plain and simple - Koonce at the very least can't be worse. This gives him a chance to show what he can do and might light a fire under Jones.
  2. Extensive use of Tillery - not saying he is awesome, but it has to be an upgrade on Vickers
  3. Keep Masterson and Webb out there as much as they can (if fit) - these guys need reps, and against the Colts they were (again at the very least) no worse than who they replaced. These two guys could be gems in the rough.
  4. DO NOT let Cole touch the field as he can't catch a cold - instead let DJ Turner take those reps
  6. While I know Jacobs is the guy, White needs some more reps to get his confidence up

Go Raiders!!

I like this, play the young guys. Try to develop them, or see if their ready. I'm pissed Butler didn't fall on the ball. Could have been a big moment for him. Sam Webb is looking the part. Let's see how he does

30 minutes ago, Heart of Oak said:

Go Raiders!!

They're not going to do this. Because that would admit that signing Jones was a stupid move

The rest of it, I agree wholeheartedly

46 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

They're not going to do this. Because that would admit that signing Jones was a stupid move

The rest of it, I agree wholeheartedly

You are probably right though I admire someone more that can admit a mistake and move on. Koonce has never had a fair crack of the whip - I believe v Colts he got 3 snaps...I mean what are you supposed to do with that?

53 minutes ago, Heart of Oak said:

You are probably right though I admire someone more that can admit a mistake and move on. Koonce has never had a fair crack of the whip - I believe v Colts he got 3 snaps...I mean what are you supposed to do with that?

Koonce should've been drafted by the Patriots if he didn't want to fall behind a former Patriots player. 

That's how pretty much all of this works anymore. 

He'll probably wind up in Arizona or Atlanta in the next year and rack up 10 sacks while McMoron and his idiot DC keep up-talking Chandler Jones. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Koonce should've been drafted by the Patriots if he didn't want to fall behind a former Patriots player. 

That's how pretty much all of this works anymore. 

He'll probably wind up in Arizona or Atlanta in the next year and rack up 10 sacks while McMoron and his idiot DC keep up-talking Chandler Jones. 

I remember when we started cutting guys some where happy that they thought JMD was willing to cut dead weight and do what was best for the team.  My response was we will have to wait until he has to decide on players he brought in to see if he could check his ego and admit mistakes.  Looks like he is like almost every other coach in the league.  We used to have the Al Davis Athletic Scholarship.  Now we have to rename as the NE Pipeline Scholarship.