Week 12 Gameday Thread (SNF Edition) - Green Bay Packers (4-7-0) @ Philadelphia Eagles (9-1-0)

Striker

12 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

So the next big news for this team is them hopefully doing the sensible thing and putting Rodgers on IR and ending his season.

I don't think this is a AR fans vs not things anymore and it's just sensible. 

Also Kurt Benkert changed his twitter pic back to him in GB today. I 100% guarantee this is a sign!

Edited by Norm
  • Like 2

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

Trade an ascending QB on a rookie contract and a HOF QB.. nah

If you trade Rodgers you pick up the 5th year on Love and make a run at it with the rookie contract.

If you can extend Love go for it, but if you sign him to a market value contract, you’re not gaining anything.

Best I've felt after a loss all season. I mean, given we weren't contending this year anyways, Aaron getting injured was beneficial as it now gives us a drama-free excuse to start Love and get a good look at him the rest of the way. Watson is showing promise. 

Edited by DWhitehurst
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That was an absolutely incredible tank game. 

• Rodgers goes out so we got to see Love
  • Love plays very well in limited time. 
  • Defense gets killed on the ground so the game went fast
  • Because it was getting killed on the ground, the impetuous is to draft DT/DE
  • Getting killed on the ground was so bad, it makes retaining Barry just about impossible. 
  • Crosby was ****, so he can get moved on from.
  • The rest of the ST played well, so Bisaccia can stay. 

I think there’s a possibility you can get an extended audition from Love citing Rodgers injury too. Otherwise Rodgers might not have “agreed” to sitting. Maybe not with the playoffs dead I guess. 

but I think it makes it easier.

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

He’s the antithesis of Cobb when it comes to football intelligence. Instincts and savvy go far in a game of inches. Also a problem with blocking in MLF’s scheme.

Cobb didn't even really play his rookie season.  He had 31 targets in his rookie season.  Amari had 16 over 2 seasons.

9 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

They would still ultimately be sunk by Joe Barry, but the Packers would be in the playoff hunt if they traded AR12 before the draft and went with Love. 

Does Shelby Harris improve our run defense? (He was traded to SEA apart of the Wilson trade.)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I think there’s a possibility you can get an extended audition from Love citing Rodgers injury too. Otherwise Rodgers might not have “agreed” to sitting. Maybe not with the playoffs dead I guess. 

but I think it makes it easier.

If the nail wasn't already in the coffin before today's game, it certainly is now.  We'd need to be +4 in the win column compared to Washington.  If Green Bay went 4-1 over their next 5 games, Washington would need to go winless.  That's not happening.

4 minutes ago, DWhitehurst said:

Best I've felt after a loss all season. I mean, given we weren't contending this year anyways, Aaron getting injured was beneficial as it now gives us a drama-free excuse to start Love and get a good look at him the rest of the way. Watson is showing promise. 

Watson being immediately open at the top of Love’s drop for like the first three pass plays in a row sure was eye opening in several different ways 

• Like 1