Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

14 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I don't think the Packers are being greedy ... a 1st, and 2024 2nd, and a mid to low level player is not ridiculous.  Get it done Jets .. then have your parades!

I'm guessing its the opposite. A second this year and next years first (which may have some conditions attached). I've always stated here that I believe the Jets want very much to hang on to this years pick 13 and will want to work around that.

• Like 1

I don't think "hammering out the trade details" are going to be acrimonious.  The NFL is sort of predicated on "teams can roughly agree on what the value of a player is" with minor variations in valuation just being worked out by "who will pay the most in free agency."  It's just that things are slowed down by the Packers not being in any particular hurry here.

2 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Intrigued to see the next Gutey presser in response to 'something changed' 

I doubt Gute would respond to that.  He'd give some nonspecific, "I'm not going to get into that and our player evaluation processes"  type answer

9 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Shame Pat didn't ask him is he intending to play one year or more.

I like Rodgers, I like he is into spiritual stuff, even if some of it is self indulgent, at least he is open. However, it does come across he is highly sensitive, and it defo felt that in that interview, and as long as Jordan Love isn't, I think it will be a breath of fresh air for the Packers and that we have a new leadership.

I'll defo watch the Jets next year as well.

Intrigued to see the next Gutey presser in response to 'something changed' 

I don’t have any true insight into Love’s personality, but just knowing his biography, he’s been through some real **** for his young age. I think he’s mentally wired for the kind of toughness needed for the position. Is he properly insulated to handle the magnifying glass about to be placed on him? I believe so but we’ll have to see. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

I would trade him for a 2nd, Moore, and 2024 conditional in a heartbeat 

I think we are angling for more....no sauces or sources, just me thinking.

We want Wilson.  So we have some ridiculous want like two firsts and a second or something like that.

Then we drop a first and start asking for players, like a first and Moore with a conditional second.

Ultimately we want their second, Wilson and a third that could become a second next year.

But that is just me thinking out loud.  And it's me wanting WEAPONZ!

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

We want Wilson.  So we have some ridiculous want like two firsts and a second or something like that.

Then we drop a first and start asking for players, like a first and Moore with a conditional second.

Ultimately we want their second, Wilson and a third that could become a second next year.

Wilson is a non-starter.    Gute knows that.  

• Like 1

I've always liked Rodgers. He has some eccentricities, but he seems like a good friend to have, and he's well-spoken and interesting. It's like a complicated relationship coming to an end, as things inevitably get murky and hard at the end, no matter what. 

I think the Packers could have made the whole thing easier for everyone, but that would have meant being more decisive than this group appears to be capable of.

Bottom line is the team didn't capitalize when we had the window. Sometimes that happens, and now we're past that window with the cap of a team that's still gunning for the Owl. 

That's not on any one decision... just a lot of things that didn't pan out.

10 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I know its all hypotheticals but I doubt they would trade away weapons when they are trying to pair Rodgers with said weapons. It would be awesome if we could, just dont see it happening

3 minutes ago, Kampfgeist said:

Wilson is a non-starter.    Gute knows that.  

I would say so is not including any frp in a deal for a HOF QB who can still do things that few can. If I’m the Pack, any silly offers get countered with silly offers until we are talking reality. 

Of course the truth is none of us know what has been and is currently on the table but I hope they get things squared away now that 12 has gone public. 

Edited by Refugee

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Are there any bonuses (or whatever) kicking in that would make GB want to get a deal done sooner rather than later?

Option bonus needs to be exercised sometime between March 17th( i think) and start of regular season in September.

pre June 1st trade puts the full cap hit for trading Rodgers in 2023.  after June 1st allows the cap hit to be split in 2023 adn 2024

Trade before June 1st cost GB more in dead cap for 2023.

Trade after June 1st is less dead cap for GB in 2023 as an option.

9 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I am expecting a 2023 3rd and a conditional 2024 3rd that can become a 2nd. If it is better than that I can be somewhat happy.

If that is the best offer the Jets make, then as for myself, just on the principle of self-respect (of not being low-balled) I'd keep Rodgers, make him backup Love. I realize and respect that others here will disagree and would have to move from Rodgers for peanuts. I'm just not one of them.