Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

22 minutes ago, Pugger said:

But would the Raiders want to relinquish that high a pick for a one or two year rental on a 40 year old QB on the decline?  If I were them I'd rather keep that valuable pick and draft a younger guy this spring.

But will there be a QB worth taking at 7 this year? Rodgers to Adams again in Vegas sells tickets. Raiders can't go into the season with Stidham as the starting QB, can they?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pugger said:

But would the Raiders want to relinquish that high a pick for a one or two year rental on a 40 year old QB on the decline?  If I were them I'd rather keep that valuable pick and draft a younger guy this spring.

The Raiders are one of the worst run NFL teams.  The Raiders in Vegas would be one of the 1st teams to look to Rodgers to pair up with his buddy Adams.  They need a "splash" guy and Rodgers wouldn't cost them all that much in salary the 1st or even 2nd year.  I'd take that high pick and whatever they want to throw in and move on.  Totally feasible possibility as they have to do something to survive there in Vegas.

16 hours ago, Tperk said:

I'm still thinking we move Rodgers to the Raiders for their #7 pick. Anything more than #7 would be gravy at this point.

Given his contract and level of performance in 2022, I'd be mildly surprised to see Rodgers net an RD1 pick of any kind.  I'd be shocked to see him net anything in the top 10.

On 1/14/2023 at 12:38 AM, Pugger said:

If SF has no 1st and 2nd round picks this year why would Gute call them?  IF Gute and company want to move on from AR and/or Rodgers requests a trade they are going to try and make a deal to get the highest return on their considerable investment in #12.

Because any Rodgers' deal probably doesn't include any '23 picks coming back their way.

11 hours ago, Pugger said:

Probably not.  Plus, I think it's far more likely they'd hang onto that #7 pick to support their trade for Rodgers in this hypothetical scenario.  I think a trade involving 2024 picks is far more likely.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tperk said:

But will there be a QB worth taking at 7 this year? Rodgers to Adams again in Vegas sells tickets. Raiders can't go into the season with Stidham as the starting QB, can they?

There's a substantially better chance that the Raiders take a QB at 7 than there is of them trading the #7 pick to the Packers.

3 hours ago, coachbuns said:

The Raiders are one of the worst run NFL teams.  The Raiders in Vegas would be one of the 1st teams to look to Rodgers to pair up with his buddy Adams.  They need a "splash" guy and Rodgers wouldn't cost them all that much in salary the 1st or even 2nd year.  I'd take that high pick and whatever they want to throw in and move on.  Totally feasible possibility as they have to do something to survive there in Vegas.

I guess I'd run a team better than the folks in Vegas do.  😉

49 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Because any Rodgers' deal probably doesn't include any '23 picks coming back their way.

What makes you say this? We should have no trouble moving him before June 1st as long as we don't activate his option first.

5 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Correct me, if I’m wrong, but didn’t GB offer the same my e contract he got from LV? Adams wanted to leave to play with Carr.

12 is known for  holding a grudge. Would he even want to be reunited with Adams and play for LV?

11 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

Correct me, if I’m wrong, but didn’t GB offer the same my e contract he got from LV? Adams wanted to leave to play with Carr.

12 is known for  holding a grudge. Would he even want to be reunited with Adams and play for LV?

Yeah LV makes zero sense to me. Can't see any reason Rodgers would want to play there. I view it as a bottom 5 location for him honestly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, twslhs20 said:

I believe the biggest issue for Adams wasn't necessarily that he had to play with Carr, but it was that he wasn't certain how long Aaron was going to play.  Little did we know that the Raiders would move on from Carr/Adams after just a year.