Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

I like how nobody has talked about McAfee and that crew. The Colts make so much sense, especially because they can take Stroud or somebody in the first and use the 2nd on Rodgers. ANY success in Indy and he has a group of media people that will promote his ish in no uncertain terms. Other than that, LV losing the geriatric sweepstakes for Brady - maybe. Otherwise, you get a Jets situation again.

16 hours ago, incognito_man said:

SF is my sleeper.

QB of the Niners is the most enviable job in the NFL. Rodgers also grew up a niners fan and he's going to lobby like hell for this job.

A third team would need to be involved. 

Niners send Lance and give/get picks and get Rodgers

We send Rodgers and give/get picks

3rd team gets Lance and give/get picks

It's the best haul we could hope for. We just have to bet on ourselves to beat him.

Personally I think it's Niners or bust. I don't really buy the argument for any other team in the discussion, especially from Rodgers' side of it. I see it as Packers, Niners or retire. 

38 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Personally I think it's Niners or bust. I don't really buy the argument for any other team in the discussion, especially from Rodgers' side of it. I see it as Packers, Niners or retire. 

I agree. I'm not sure why he'd want to go into the AFC and have to face a gauntlet of good QBs when he could stay in the NFC.

40 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

At this point I would be surprised if the niners would have any interest in Rodgers. He may like it but what incentive do they have to bring him on board? They have Brock and Trey with an assumption that Jimmy is gone. Two young talented passers that they can mold into the player they want for their offense. Or they can trade for Rodgers. An old vet set in his ways and how he plays with the baggage of a massive contract. If you see the niners as the only option then you see no option in my mind. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

At this point I would be surprised if the niners would have any interest in Rodgers. He may like it but what incentive do they have to bring him on board? They have Brock and Trey with an assumption that Jimmy is gone. Two young talented passers that they can mold into the player they want for their offense. Or they can trade for Rodgers. An old vet set in his ways and how he plays with the baggage of a massive contract. If you see the niners as the only option then you see no option in my mind. 

I agree with this.  I myself listed the Raiders and 9'ers as best bets, with the Titans and Dolphins and maybe Cards or Seahags as possibilities.  It starts with teams ol Rodg would be willing to go to, which eliminates several.  But in the end, this guy has baggage well beyond that bloated contract.  Attitude, regressing aged skill set, desire, most recent play in general, and post season history leading the way.  I don't know who would want him with all this, have to hope for a desperate and stupid move by someone else other than what we saw from Murph and Gute in giving him that bloated contract he enjoys.

28 minutes ago, 15412 said:

I agree with this.  I myself listed the Raiders and 9'ers as best bets, with the Titans and Dolphins and maybe Cards or Seahags as possibilities.  It starts with teams ol Rodg would be willing to go to, which eliminates several.  But in the end, this guy has baggage well beyond that bloated contract.  Attitude, regressing aged skill set, desire, most recent play in general, and post season history leading the way.  I don't know who would want him with all this, have to hope for a desperate and stupid move by someone else other than what we saw from Murph and Gute in giving him that bloated contract he enjoys.

I'd throw Baltimore in there too.  John Harbaugh might be ready for a guy like Aaron now that the Lamar Jackson relationship seems to be falling apart.  Overall my #1 spot for Rodgers would be Tennessee.  Vrabel would probably be up for Rodgers partnership. 

• Like 1

I agree with OP. We got a 39/40 yo QB who's legs are gone, chokes in big games, and who's arm is now inconsistent at best. And his contract eats up a ton of cap space. Running it back again with Rodgers is nuts. One definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results. Bringing back Rodgers and Berry is insanity times 2. If we stand pat, the division next year will finish Detroit, Minnesota, GB, and Chicago in that order.

At that point Gute, and MLF should both be shown the door. The rebuild should have started last year, but an argument could and was made that they were so close, let's give it one more try. That try ended 8-9. What will next year bring? 7-10? Time to cut ties with Rodgers and Berry and rebuild.

P.S. I appreciate all the thrills, efforts, and the Super Bowl Rodgers gave us, but time and tide wait for no man. The rocking chair always wins.

• Like 1

A greatly over rated QB who has stunk in the post season and seemed to worry more about personal stats than what's really important in the end.  Now add age, attitude, and Adams Family weirdness to the bloated contract Murph and Gute were stupid enough to bow and give him.

Hope I'm wrong but I'm afraid we're stuck with him.

Sir Charles was so right about him when he said he thinks he's the pretty girl that you gotta tell her she's pretty everyday.  I'll add no matter how ugly she and that bloated contract are at the end of the day.

19 minutes ago, 15412 said:

A greatly over rated QB who has stunk in the post season and seemed to worry more about personal stats than what's really important in the end.  Now add age, attitude, and Adams Family weirdness to the bloated contract Murph and Gute were stupid enough to bow and give him.

Hope I'm wrong but I'm afraid we're stuck with him.

Sir Charles was so right about him when he said he thinks he's the pretty girl that you gotta tell her she's pretty everyday.  I'll add no matter how ugly she and that bloated contract are at the end of the day.

I don't think he's going anywhere, unless he retires of course.

7 hours ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Rodgers would light it up in San Fran. He'd be so motivated and would buy-in and their weapons are nuts.

They'd be a really really tough team. Keep Purdy, trade Lance, get Rodgers.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Rodgers would light it up in San Fran. He'd be so motivated and would buy-in and their weapons are nuts.

They'd be a really really tough team. Keep Purdy, trade Lance, get Rodgers.

The way Purdy has looked, I'd take him as part of the trade.  

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

I don't think he's going anywhere, unless he retires of course.

Agree, he's about relationships.  I think beside retiring, he's got 3 options he'd consider.

Green Bay

SF (Do they want him with their current QB situation)

Las Vegas. (Reunion with Adams, but does McDaniels want Brady again?)

The Packers can force his hand if he wants to play.  It won't be pretty but they can.

36 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Agree, he's about relationships.  I think beside retiring, he's got 3 options he'd consider.

Green Bay

SF (Do they want him with their current QB situation)

Las Vegas. (Reunion with Adams, but does McDaniels want Brady again?)

The Packers can force his hand if he wants to play.  It won't be pretty but they can.

I have a feeling Packers' management are not as eager to see him leave as much as a lot of fans are.

• Like 2