MNF Week 17: Buffalo Bills @ Cincinnati Bengals

notthatbluestuff

6 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Look, it's fair to play the games, since the Chiefs are in action as well. But I don't think the Bills should be penalized over the Bengals if Bills lose and Bengals win. If they want those games for seeding purposes then go for it and play it out. I think both teams should be open, and the Pats have tie breakers already over the Steelers/Browns/Jets. Lamar would get an extra week off as well.

But I can't for the life of me accept the Eagles not getting a bye with a win. I am a Cowboy fan, and this would be the biggest farce in seeding history as far as unfair circumstances.

You can add another AFC game on Monday as an ESPN playoff double header. Another Saturday noon WC game is not necessary. It doesn't matter when the additional AFC game is played, but it CANNOT be for both conferences. That's just stupid. 

I'm not in favour of adding an 8th team on either side. Never said so.

Just pointing out that you are incorrect regarding the Bills/Pats games. That's all.

My personal opinion is anything messing with extra weeks, 8th seeds, coin flips, or messing with the playoffs in any way should be a non-starter.

Declare the game a "No Contest"
Seeding done by win percentage
Playoffs continue as normal on a normal schedule

Benefits KC?  Good for them.  Screws Baltimore out of a shot at the North?  Should have won more games earlier in the year.  Locks the Bengals out of a 1 seed possibility?  Thems the breaks, shouldn't have lost two very winnable games early in the year.

Simple, not setting weird precedents with extra teams, coin flips, random number generators, neutral site games, etc....  Keep it simple stupid.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Might be they're just looking to the game as some form of cathartic outlet, where for 3 hours all they have to think about is that. Probably healthy tbqh.

Yup. Add in that Damar is able to communicate right now and first thing he wanted to know was who won the game, these guys are going to go battle for Sunday for Damar. 

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

My personal opinion is anything messing with extra weeks, 8th seeds, coin flips, or messing with the playoffs in any way should be a non-starter.

Declare the game a "No Contest"
Seeding done by win percentage
Playoffs continue as normal on a normal schedule

Benefits KC?  Good for them.  Screws Baltimore out of a shot at the North?  Should have won more games earlier in the year.  Locks the Bengals out of a 1 seed possibility?  Thems the breaks, shouldn't have lost two very winnable games early in the year.

Simple, not setting weird precedents with extra teams, coin flips, random number generators, neutral site games, etc....  Keep it simple stupid.

Of course the NFL realizes how much of a cash cow the Chiefs and Mahomes is, and the last thing they want is an extra chance of them losing a WC game. It's just not a league where you have 80 some odd game sample size. One data point makes a huge difference.

11 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Of course the NFL realizes how much of a cash cow the Chiefs and Mahomes is, and the last thing they want is an extra chance of them losing a WC game. It's just not a league where you have 80 some odd game sample size. One data point makes a huge difference.

How exactly is Mahomes any more of a “cash cow” than Allen or Burrow? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

@Broncofan here's the tweet:

Seems like language processing is intact. Move the needle for you?

Obeying commands & ability to write are definite strong signs.  

We’re now in the stage where functional recovery is highly likely - IF attention & short-term memory are preserved.   It’s trite to use the Memento / 50 first dates - but it’s apt in this case.    The areas of the brain most vulnerable to damage from cardiac arrest affect short-term memory and attention/focus.   This is a significant hurdle - because his long term memory before the arrest works in a different area - it isn’t affected.  So recognizing family, asking if they won - long-term memory.    His ability to remember what he was told, and new people / new information (that hasn’t been encoded into long-term memory) - that will be the final major step in determining function.   But again we’ve removed several levels of impairment, so the hope is that STM and attention / focus are largely preserved.   Those tests will likely have to wait until he’s extubated - and why the MD’s cautioned he’s still got a ways to go.    But given he was sedated / proned just over 24 hrs ago - this is the best possible news while he remains intubated.   Hope becomes greater for sure - the next step though has to wait until he’s extubated.   Understanding the limits though - so far so good.

TL:DR version - not quite out of the woods but there’s real light at the end of the tunnel.   

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

How exactly is Mahomes any more of a “cash cow” than Allen or Burrow? 

Because he's been to two SBs, won one, and is more of a proven commodity, as is Reid. Much more marketable than Burrow for the moment. I don't think that's debatable. Under no circumstances can you default them the one seed here. There will either be an extra WC game or a neutral field game, if there is no appetite for Week 19.