Raiders to release QB Derek Carr (Page 73)

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, Nightmare said:

The Saints haven’t drafted a QB in the 1st round since Archie Manning in 1971. That’s wild to me.

Well Carr will probably play good enough for them to draft the next Arch Manning. 

https://walterfootball.com/freeagentsigninggrades.php

Saints sign QB Derek Carr (4 years, $150 million; $100 million guaranteed): D Grade 

“Wow. The financials of this deal are shocking. It's a ton of money for a mediocre quarterback who cried during a press conference and then abandoned his team when he was benched. 

I can understand why the Saints signed Derek Carr, so I'm not going to fail them for this move. They have a veteran roster, so they're trying their best to stay competitive, which isn't too difficult in such a terrible division. 

However, I disagree with the strategy and believe the Saints would be better served starting over from scratch. Carr is not going to win a Super Bowl with this aging roster, and it's not like he's a young quarterback with upside. He's 32 and is as average as it gets. Carr could get the Saints a divisional win this year, but even if that happens, the Saints will have a quick exit in the playoffs.”

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

What did he say that wasn’t true?

I'm not sure you know what constitutes as "true" which makes me question whether or not you know what a "fact" or "opinion" means.  Just b/c you agree w/ it doesn't make it "true".....

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm not sure you know what constitutes as "true" which makes me question whether or not you know what a "fact" or "opinion" means.  Just b/c you agree w/ it doesn't make it "true".....

Fair enough but doesn’t make him a joke. He just doesn’t align with your opinion 

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

Fair enough but doesn’t make him a joke. He just doesn’t align with your opinion 

My opinion of WalterFootball is not b/c of their take on Derek Carr. I can promise you that. It's actually over a decade of their absolutely awful takes

• Like 2

21 hours ago, NYRaider said:

They'd have $17M in dead cap, $28M in cap savings.

$17.1 million from the signing bonus plus the $10 million roster bonus which would have been guaranteed in 03/24.  They would have to cut him after year one to not pay the roster bonus for 2025.  It is $27.1 million in dead money.