2023 49ers offseason thread: Wilks to be new DC

49erscap

2 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Is there any way to structure a Lance trade to minimize the dead cap the team would have to eat for moving him? If so and Brady was willing to take a heavy discount(ie around or less than the $9.3M and $10.85M Lance is due over the next years), I don't see why the team shouldn't consider it

Only trading him after 6/1. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

can anyone confirm? Vic to Miami isn't done..yet?

There was a few reports from Silver and someone else. Silver I guess spoke directly to Fangio who said nothing was set yet. But who knows why. 

Here's the tweet 

Edited by 49erurtaza
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, adamq said:

He's a free agent, no trade necessary. I'd rather look for value elsewhere on the roster and sign  Brady if the price is reasonable. 

They have build great rosters around Jimmy Gs 25m+ cap number, I don't see Brady costing more than that

I just see little to no value in Brady being our QB. And you're right, no picks needed. I was conflating Brady with Rodgers, who I've seen people want on the 49ers. I'm out on Rodgers too.

34 minutes ago, John232 said:

Our QB room has been an all-time mess now. Prime Dalton would have been given us more stability despite mediocrity at a sustained level for years lol

All-time mess with injuries, but not in production. If the production we got this year was one person instead of 3, he'd be knocking on the door of the Pro Bowl. 

25 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Outside of QB, can Drake Jackson make a leap next year? What we going to do with Jimmy Ward and T.Gibson? I don't see us being a player for Jessie Bates or Gardner Johnson as they'll want top market contracts. 

I do think Jackson will make a leap next year. I think we see him slimmer and toned up next year and be a better pass rusher. The real question is, how will he look in the run game. This is the reason he's been inactive. If he makes strides here, he could be an every-down EDGE. If not, he's a situational EDGE rusher again in 2023.

5 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I just see little to no value in Brady being our QB. And you're right, no picks needed. I was conflating Brady with Rodgers, who I've seen people want on the 49ers. I'm out on Rodgers too.

Dude stays healthy and plays every game. 

At this point, I just can't blame Shanny if he put that much emphasis on that single ability (which frankly, shouldn't be this difficult...this is kind of mind boggling at this point) 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Dude stays healthy and plays every game. 

At this point, I just can't blame Shanny if he put that much emphasis on that single ability (which frankly, shouldn't be this difficult...this is kind of mind boggling at this point) 

I/We just need one year and if it all goes right, that's all Tom would need to before calling it quits. 

I hate the band aid fix but the ultimate goal is to win a SB. We keep knocking on the door but have failed because of QB play/injury. For one year, let's just go all in....

I don't mind  A rod either but He's going to the AFC and the packers will get a good deal for him. Sign me up for the 45 year FA in Brady.

• Like 3

The great irony in the 49ers losing 4 QBs this year is their offensive line only gave up 31 sacks this season. That's 6th best in the league. 

Maybe the 49ers just need to invest in a QB who isn't going to break the first time a pass-rusher sneezes on them. 

Edited by Herodreamer79

8 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

The great irony in the 49ers losing 4 QBs this year is their offensive line only gave up 31 sacks this season. That's 6th best in the league. 

Maybe the 49ers just need to invest in a QB who isn't going to break the first time a pass-rusher sneezes on them. 

Both Jimmy and Trey's injuries were not a result of bad pass protection. Brock's injury seems pretty fluky and I wouldn't really say it was line's fault. A backup TE got blown up and we've seen this kind of hit several times and rarely ends up like Brock's injury. Josh's injury could attributed to the line getting beaten, but also, that's a flag too which wouldn't prevent the injury but still was a BS no call to add to the many from yesterday's game.

Bottom line is this is the best pass protection we've had in the Shanahan era and 3 of the 4 injuries were not caused by bad protection.

49 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

There was a few reports from Silver and someone else. Silver I guess spoke directly to Fangio who said nothing was set yet. But who knows why. 

Here's the tweet 

Oh wow! I wasn’t expecting this! That would be a fantastic save if we can pull it off. Granted this is with the assumption that Demeco leaves which I imagine is almost certain 

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

I don’t know how i feel about him going to HOU. Granted I wish him the best of luck! 

Getting Vic would be huge! I know we mentioned it before, would we change our base and go back to a 3-4 or stay put. Good hands regardless, if we can bring Vic in 

3 minutes ago, John232 said:

Idk if it’s been brought up yet, but I’d consider cutting bait on Knlaw. Trade him for a mid round pick to a team flush with picks but I  need of talent/big swing dudes.

Kinlaw is not worth the cap hit at all

Agreed. I want to draft or FA. We have found gems late in the draft and I’m interested in seeing what Kalia Davis can do. 

• Like 1