Random Bears Thoughts - Offseason Thread

Ty21

You know what few are talking about?

AZ may want to trade out of #3.   They stupidly extended Murray and had bad luck of him getting hurt on top of that.   But they probably aren't in QB market and like us see more value in trading down.   

That hurts our trade value some if so.  Especially for a double trade down, which is what I am hoping for.  I am hoping to move to #2 or #4 and move again.  Collecting some 2024 picks in bargain.

I hope AZ just takes Anderson and calls it a day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

That hurts our trade value some if so.  Especially for a double trade down, which is what I am hoping for.  I am hoping to move to #2 or #4 and move again.  Collecting some 2024 picks in bargain.

Which is why Ive been saying the "Double Trade Down" scenario always starts with a Mitch Trade with the Texans. Thats the only way we can still be in control of the board and leverage the QB Needy teams against each other.

Its a fallacy to say each team will only want one QB. Will some of them not fall for Will Levis? Will Young be too small for a few? Will Stroud not be worth the trade up to others? Sure, but they are all going to see likely 2, if not all 3, of them as Franchise type QBs, and if they only see one, then their offers are going to be even bigger.

To me it comes down to how much do we want Carter/Anderson? If its important that we end up with one of those guys, then we just need to make the best deal with Indy and call it a day. If that is just a cherry on top, and we want to end up with the most assets, then we can really pit these teams against each other, (HOU, IND, SEA, LV, ATL, CAR, TEN) and really capitalize on the return.

• Like 2

Hoke is a really nice hire for us...has a ton of experience in college and around the league obviously including us in the past...I am all for adding more experienced & successful coaches to what will be a young team...

Go get a DL coach next...lets keep going back to the future...get Mike Phair back too haha.

4 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Who would have thought being the first person in NFL News to make threads with a Schefter tweet would propel him to that job with 100k+ followers on social media?

Getting 100k followers on social media isn’t really a metric I typically try to predict myself for people, but if anyone was gonna do it, it was gonna be  ̶J̶e̶n̶n̶i̶f̶e̶r̶ ̶L̶a̶w̶r̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ him 

• Like 1