Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

10 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

Well, it seems like I won't be able to aquire another pick, so here are Denver's 2023 TCMD draftees:

#35 - Jalin Hyatt - WR - Tennessee

#59 - D.J. Turner II - CB - Michigan

#75 - Ricky Stromberg - C - Arkansas

#140 - Isaiah McGuire - EDGE - Mizzou

#169 - Evan Hull - RB - Northwestern 

#213 - Jose Ramirez - EDGE - Eastern Michigan

And losing none?  If so, Jeudy, Sutton and Hyatt on the roster for Sean Payton.   Russ Wilson has no excuse.

14 hours ago, downundermike said:

I don’t know about you guys, I would like to do another round of this.

@ny92mike @MikeT14

I'd love to do another full scale tcmd mock again but it would take too much work to set it up again.  Wasn't planning on doing a second mock so I didn't plan for it.  I'm also worn out and don't think I'd want to manage another one.  

For me, I'm actually looking forward to fixing the issues we ran into with this mock as well as working in the changes from the suggestion thread.  This and working on the SIM.  

• Like 2

Looks like the two before me ran out the clock, so I went ahead and made my pick.

Bradford is a big, powerful guard that will sit in reserves fir us for now while he cleans up his technique. Hopefully he’s the RG of the future after Ben Jones’s contract runs out, and if not, he’s depth.

He was our backup pick to Davis Allen with the last pick.

Copying @BowserBroncos here are the Titans draft picks (from memory so a number may be off):

1.11. Traded for the Saints’ 2024 first, etc.

1.29. Jordan Addison, WR, USC

2.35. Blake Freeland, LT, BYU

3.68. Byron Young, Edge, Tennessee

4.108. Olusegun Oluwatimi, C, Michigan

5.149. Keaton Mitchell, RB, ECU

6.211. Davis Allen, TE, Clemson

7.227. Anthony Bradford, RG, LSU

Went in needing help on offense, came out addressing every position we wanted, and definitely improved our OL and receiving weapons, while also stocking up for a potential QB pick in 2024.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 3

I was pretty sure no one knew or valued Dillan Gibbons especially without a draft number, but he's another special human I'd like to have on a team I root for. He spent his time at ND as a reserve, but ND has a hell of a line and I take that coaching experience as a positive even if his playtime was limited. He then did his graduate degree at FSU and won accolades for his team leadership and his off the field work where he raised hundreds of thousands for special needs children. His two years starting at FSU he got honorable mention ACC and all ACC. He's working with OL Masterminds / Duke Manyweather in the pre-draft and I love what that private coach gets from his disciples. Figured without a draft number it'd be easier to land him in the draft than in UDFA where that'd be a pain without a code.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Copying @BowserBroncos here are the Titans draft picks (from memory so a number may be off):

Went in needing help on offense, came out addressing every position we wanted, and definitely improved our OL and receiving weapons, while also stocking up for a potential QB pick in 2024.

haha love Keaton Mitchell going from ECU to Titans to be a budget CJ2K (I guess Henry is the King version of Fatty Lendale White lol). I like the trade down, the first, second, 4th, 5th and 6th picks. I'm not aware of Bradford. Byron Young is wicked raw, but extreme athletic upside right? So basically a near-free swing to replace Bud Dupree.

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Damn Titans, getting extra ammo and building the trenches. Going to be some dog fights in the AFC South.

Personally my favorite pick is Oluwatimi. Definitely think he's an underrated guy in this draft. But Addison also an incredible value. You can probably thank draft Twitter and his un-Anthony Richardson-like combine for his availability at 29. Doubt that happens irl. The extra 1st is nice. I still have to watch Davis Allen to be honest. Just not enough hours in a day

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JetsandI said:

And losing none?  If so, Jeudy, Sutton and Hyatt on the roster for Sean Payton.   Russ Wilson has no excuse.

No I traded Sutton to get pick 32 and traded down to 35 to draft Hyatt.

But have Patrick coming back from injury and signed Jakobi Meyers, Jarvis Landry and T.Y. Hilton in FA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RTTRUTH said:

Damn Titans, getting extra ammo and building the trenches. Going to be some dog fights in the AFC South.

Personally my favorite pick is Oluwatimi. Definitely think he's an underrated guy in this draft. But Addison also an incredible value. You can probably thank draft Twitter and his un-Anthony Richardson-like combine for his availability at 29. Doubt that happens irl. The extra 1st is nice. I still have to watch Davis Allen to be honest. Just not enough hours in a day

I haven’t watched Allen either, but @SerenityNowhas. He was also TE1 on some talking head’s pre draft ranking a couple months ago.

And yeah, I agree on Addison. His stock will rehab before the draft. He had the best film of any WR this season, and there are plenty of smaller WRs in this draft class too.

Oluwatimi is probably my best value pick in my opinion too. He is C2 on my big board, and just a hair beneath JMS. Oluwatimi’s tape against Illinois is straight up better than JMS’s. Better than Wypler’s too.

• Like 1