Total Control Mock Draft 2023 - Discussion

Deadpulse

2 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

That's up to you.  Normally, I just make my cuts at the end of the mock.  I'm more concerned with team's not having the 90 than I am with going over.

Honestly I think 70 - 75 is a good number.  Why carry players you think the team is gonna not even carry on the practice squad anyhow

33 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Honestly I think 70 - 75 is a good number.  Why carry players you think the team is gonna not even carry on the practice squad anyhow

I say 90 because you'll give me 75.  If I asked for 75 now you'd give me 53...haha

While the Cowboys have already invested in 2 veteran QBs this offseason to back up Dak Prescott, Andy Dalton (age 35) and Joe Flacco (age 38) are only on 1-year deals. The opportunity to get a developmental QB with upside in Jaren Hall in the 6th round, when he could be drafted as high as the 4th IRL was too good to pass up here.

Edited by eaglesfan0075
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

While the Cowboys have already invested in 2 veteran QBs this offseason to back up Dak Prescott, Andy Dalton (age 35) and Joe Flacco (age 38) are only on 1-year deals. The opportunity to get a developmental QB with upside in Jaren Hall in the 6th round, when he could be drafted as high as the 4th IRL was too good to pass up here.

Hall’s a great value there. I have him as QB5 in this class.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Ramirez too. Didn’t get a chance to look at his tape, but he was intriguing at the combine.

Pretty happy to get him. I wanted to get him earlier, but had also drafted Isaiah McGuire so I was open to trade down and risk losing Ramirez because I really wanted to have another pick in this draft.

But Ramirez would probably be my pick in the 5th if McGuire was off the board. Denver has a pretty clear lack of pass rushing and I also traded Baron Browning away to get more picks. So both McGuire and Ramirez would have a pretty good shot of meaningful about of snaps during the season with good camp and preseason.

Okay, I'm changing the UDFA process, this set up will be easier to manage and track.

Please test it out to make sure we don't run into any issues once we make it official.

Use the form to pick your team and the UDFA player a few times to insure the re-ordering formula is working correctly.

Concept:  Team order is based on the first round of the draft.  Each claim you submit, whether awarded or not, your team drops in order 16 positions.  Prospects are available for 24 hours from the time of the first claim.  

Again, please run some test.

Once we officially start the UDFA, I'll reorder the player listing based on position and name.  As well as remove the names no longer available.

Tip:  During this testing phase you may not want to select players you'd actually claim.

UDFA CLAIM FORM

UDFA RESULTS WORKBOOK 

Team GM Tags

Arizona Cardinals - @LuckyNumber11
Atlanta Falcons - @ovfd55
Baltimore Ravens - @Justone2
Buffalo Bills -
@downundermike & @Iggles25
Carolina Panthers - @MikeT14
Chicago Bears - @squire12
Cincinnati Bengals - @sparky151
Cleveland Browns - @cortes02