2022 Divisional Round: NFC 6) New York Giants @ 1) Philadelphia Eagles

notthatbluestuff

Who wins?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Giants
    • Eagles

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/22/2023 at 01:15 AM

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

One of these days, someone is actually going to plan to try and stop Daniel Jones as a runner.

Could be wrong but pretty sure the Eagles did that week 14. Yeah DJ had a rushing TD but but he was only 4-26. 

As for the narrative it's hard to beat a team 3x, didn't seem to stop the 49ers? What people are missing is that most times in that 3rd meeting, the game is always a lot closer. Blowouts rarely happen. 

Not sure who posted or actually believes either team will blow the other out but that's not happening IMO. 

I fully expect a 27-24....31-28 type outcome. Whether it's  that close all game or a late 4th qt push to comeback, 🤷‍♂️

Either way here's hoping for no GD injuries for either team that would effect thier NFCCG chances.

If Hurts, Lane, CGJ  and Goedert are fult tilt, I'll take my chances. Guess we'll see. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

You laugh (because it is very funny), but is that run the reason nobody takes him seriously as a runner? I feel like it could be. 

Kind of crazy how on a football field he is faster than any time he ever ran a 40.

You laugh (because it is very funny), but is that run the reason nobody takes him seriously as a runner? I feel like it could be. 

Pretty sure it's because of his body type. He's tall so he looks slower due to his long gait and he does look a little awkward in general running. Like julio jones was way faster than he looked but he was so fluid in his movement that people didn't question it very often.

The matchups say PHI should win this.    I will say that the Giants are so well-coached, and they have a couple of matchups they can exploit on O (slot WR, Barkley in pass game, Jones running the ball) - the big Q is how the Giants D does against the PHI O.   Their 3rd stringers held their own, but it's fair to say that was a Hurts-rust game as well, and if Lane Johnson is back and at 90+ percent, that's a massive difference.   On the PHI side, Devonta Smith and Dallas Goedert have big edges in how the Gmen deploy their D, the 2 guys who may break out more than the usual suspects of Hurts / AJ Brown.

I think PHI still wins this, but I'd give this as a 27-23 type game (so give me the Gmen ATS lol).   I think ppl who haven't been paying attention will be surprised how much closer this game will be.   

Edited by Broncofan