2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Hey friend! Great to see you here bud, hope all is well. 

I think OBJ is going to get a 2/$35mm deal with about $25mm of that guaranteed. I don’t think he’s worth that, but I think he’s still got something in him that will get a pretty hefty check from a desperate team.

dog roll over GIF

Ok my friend if I am wrong this buds for you.

Plus I will owe another 1 to a Tampa 

Poster he is as tenacious as me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Ok my friend if I am wrong this buds for you.

Plus I will owe another 1 to a Tampa 

Poster he is as tenacious as me.

It has to do more with his name than his ability - people are saying he’s in the best shape of his life, so maybe he’s back to the guy he was in NY?

I dunno, we’ll see. I think he ends up with Rodgers and the Jets…

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It has to do more with his name than his ability - people are saying he’s in the best shape of his life, so maybe he’s back to the guy he was in NY?

I dunno, we’ll see. I think he ends up with Rodgers and the Jets…

He is in great shape for a 30 year coming off a injury. 

Just remember he last played for a veteran minimum to go to a winner.

• Like 1

Bill Belichick has shopped Mac Jones this offseason

No, things aren’t going well between Patriots coach Bill Belichick and quarterback Mac Jones.

Following the posting of the item regarding the lingering tension between coach Bill Belichick and the 2021 first-rounder, more information has trickled in.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Belichick has shopped Jones to multiple teams during the 2023 offseason.

The full list of potential destinations isn’t known. The teams mentioned as potential destinations were the Raiders, Texans, Buccaneers, and Commanders.

Obviously, a trade hasn’t occurred yet. That doesn’t mean it won’t happen. A team hoping to draft a quarterback could pivot to Jones, if that team doesn’t get the guy it wants.

The Raiders are the ones to keep watching. Jimmy Garoppolo‘s contract lands in the low-end of middle class for starters, and Jones has two years left under a slotted rookie deal, before his fifth-year option would apply.

Complicating the situation is the fact that owner Robert Kraft seems to be a big fan of Mac Jones.

“I’m a big fan of Mac,” Kraft told reporters last week. “He came to us as a rookie. He quarterbacked in his rookie season and did a very fine job I thought. We made the playoffs. I think we experimented with some things last year that frankly didn’t work when it came to him, in my opinion.”

While Kraft continues to defer to Belichick when it comes to running  “my football team,” Kraft may not be thrilled about the prospect of parting ways with Jones. And Kraft seems to be sympathetic to frustrations that trace to the failed offensive experiment in 2022, with Matt Patricia serving as the coordinator.

I'm glad we're finally to the point where New England is becoming dysfunctional. I didn't like Mac's antics either but I understand his frustration with Patricia. If I'm an electrician, I don't want a plumber telling me how to do my job. I'm sure there are better analogies but you get I'm saying.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I'm glad we're finally to the point where New England is becoming dysfunctional. I didn't like Mac's antics either but I understand his frustration with Patricia. If I'm an electrician, I don't want a plumber telling me how to do my job. I'm sure there are better analogies but you get I'm saying.

is this because Matt Patricia looks like a plumber? 😎

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah I would too lol dude is cheeks

I really liked the idea of Mac Jones as a QB. I thought he might be pretty good. I am fairly confident I was quite wrong. 

• Like 1

Depending on price I'd be excited to get Mac Jones on the Raiders if we aren't getting Stroud (we aren't), Richardson (we probably aren't), or Hooker (would need to be sniped around where we value him, and then assume we use the pick we allotted for Hooker on Mac I'd think). Would be disgusting because the Bailey Zappe Patriots in a division of Josh Allen Bills, Aaron Rodgers Jets, and Tua Dolphins might have a shot at Caleb Williams or Drake Maye which would be the type of revitalization Bill could use to coach until a new high point and sail off a winner.