2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Not sure what the holdup is. The market is clearly set. Either Q is asking for the moon (Donald range) or Douglas is low-balling his best player.

Q isn't the type to cause a scene, makes me think the gap is significant.

24 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

May be a nothing burger, and a trade man not even be feasible. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/davante-adams-all-pro-season-with-raiders-meant-a-lot-but-focus-remains-on-winni

I mean, did the Raiders not see him being angry and a potential trade request coming when they decided to trade away his BFF because Josh McDaniels just cant help himself, which was the main reason he left Aaron Rodgers in the first place?

Adams demanding a trade would be the least surprising thing of the offseason and frankly, the Raiders would deserve it.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

Adams also did not demand a trade.

"My goal is to win a Super Bowl with this team. And that's why I didn't come here to just be cute with Derek," he said. "It is to really try and have a shot and change this organization."

This team is the Raiders. I don't understand how you can misread that as demanding a trade. He said he isn't leaving just because the organization moved on from one of his best friends. He's proud of his success last year proving he doesn't need Aaron, but he wants to turn the Raiders around and earn a ring.

12 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Adams also did not demand a trade.

"My goal is to win a Super Bowl with this team. And that's why I didn't come here to just be cute with Derek," he said. "It is to really try and have a shot and change this organization."

This team is the Raiders. I don't understand how you can misread that as demanding a trade. He said he isn't leaving just because the organization moved on from one of his best friends. He's proud of his success last year proving he doesn't need Aaron, but he wants to turn the Raiders around and earn a ring.

There’s also a real possibility that he would be hard to trade at this point, so he’s trying to make the most of a bad situation. 

3 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

There’s also a real possibility that he would be hard to trade at this point, so he’s trying to make the most of a bad situation. 

Eat his salary and trade him straight up to the Jets for QWilliams

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Exactly. He's not getting traded for 2024 draft picks so demanding anything at this point "Post Draft" isn't remotely feasible. Will get him nowhere! Except on the wrong side if the fans. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

On 5/15/2023 at 11:51 AM, NJC33 said:

Not sure what the holdup is. The market is clearly set. Either Q is asking for the moon (Donald range) or Douglas is low-balling his best player.

Q isn't the type to cause a scene, makes me think the gap is significant.

Douglas got his start in the NFL in the Ravens org. where he worked for 14 years.

He isn't ever going to overpay a player. "Right player right price" has been Ozzie's mantra for 30 years. Very unlikely Douglas meets Williams' demands if he doesn't view that as his true worth.

• Like 2