2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

17 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

Bad business move. I personally would've gone with the Cards where his competition is a late round pick from Houston, a Toddler, and Colt McCoy. 

How is he supposed to have job security when he had to compete again a Pro Bowl QB AND the last running back to win MVP?!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Bad business move. I personally would've gone with the Cards where his competition is a late round pick from Houston, a Toddler, and Colt McCoy. 

How is he supposed to have job security when he had to compete again a Pro Bowl QB AND the last running back to win MVP?!

I thought to sign with a specific team, they had to want you?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Perhaps he's in this for the paycheck and isn't interested in competing for playing time. 10+ years of sitting and cashing big checks can be nice on its own, especially as a 37 year old who was athletically limited at 23…

• Like 2

John Harbaugh / Jim Harbaugh connection probably is why Josh Johnson to Ravens exists. Jim was his college coach at San Diego and like this is the third time John has signed him. It's a familiarity thing I'm sure and maybe he's a potential assistant QB coach or something in the making.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Good point, but the question is whether he grew up in Oakland as a diehard Raiders fan. I bet he did. Oakland was a Raiders town.

Yes, exactly. He is Marshawn Lynch's cousin. 

23 hours ago, ET80 said:

Perhaps he's in this for the paycheck and isn't interested in competing for playing time. 10+ years of sitting and cashing big checks can be nice on its own, especially as a 37 year old who was athletically limited at 23…

A lot of niners fans on this very forum said this after the NFCCG. His hands were shaking while he was in the shotgun right after he went in. They said it was clear that he was super unprepared to play. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Yes, exactly. He is Marshawn Lynch's cousin. 

Marshawn and Peters took BART (Bay Area commuter train/subway basically, stops directly at the coliseum) after the KC/OAK game, probably has bad language or hazing I haven't looked this video up in years

1 hour ago, N4L said:

A lot of niners fans on this very forum said this after the NFCCG. His hands were shaking while he was in the shotgun right after he went in. They said it was clear that he was super unprepared to play. 

I am shocked that any team even gave his agent a call. I'd take Uncle Rico over JJ at this point

On 5/22/2023 at 8:08 PM, ET80 said:

I remember him being called a "sleeper" as a rookie.

I think all these years later he's still sleeping lol

• Like 1