2023 Player movement rumors

Forge

49 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

That, and our GM hates old players/prospects. 

The only reason I suggested it - it’s no longer your GMs decision. It’s Watson’s decision, and he’s demonstrated that he’ll get very discontent if he doesn’t get what he wants.

On 1/26/2023 at 12:44 PM, Forge said:

JP Finlay sounds like a car dealership 

Sounds like a wrestler.

finlay-entrance.gif

You’d hear his music, see him walking down with that beating stick he’d used to carry… and you’d think “welp, he’s gonna ruin somebody’s day today…

• Like 4

22 hours ago, ET80 said:

The only reason I suggested it - it’s no longer your GMs decision. It’s Watson’s decision, and he’s demonstrated that he’ll get very discontent if he doesn’t get what he wants.

The Haslams are not above sending a few male massage therapists his way named Bruno.  That should  shut him up.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 3:29 PM, ET80 said:

I agree he’s not in the same realm as Trevor Lawrence as a player, but he fits the bill as far as QBs you pick with the #1 pick.

I think he's closer to what Trevor Lawrence was as a prospect than I think you're giving him credit for.  I would have LOVED to see him outside of Lincoln Riley's offense, but the kid is USC's offense.

On 2/17/2023 at 4:55 PM, Danger said:

He's right though.

Bryce young is probably the same height as Kyler Murray and about what 20 lbs lighter?

He's gonna get folded in half by one of those big d lineman at the NFL level

I can't help but laugh at this logic from a dude whose team starts Devonta Smith.

23 hours ago, Danger said:

But you guys said it was an unpopular opinion. Don't get me wrong, I think Bryce Young has everything he needs aside from stature and physical strength. But that's a red flag to me.

I wasn't agreeing with him. I just said it was a hot take, and I appreciate hot takes, even if I don't agree with them. 

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

That is kinda crazy. But yeah, I never thought Mac Jones had great potential. Neither does Zappe really, but if he’s more of a behind the scenes leader, it makes sense. Especially for Bill, who has an insane amount of disdain for nonsense. 

LOL on Zap Bailey.  He's not the Insider we're looking for. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Forge said:

Call me crazy considering the Panthers recent luck with other teams QBs recently, but depending on the price, I would love this for us.  Obviously I wouldn't send them a 1st.  But if they wanted a 2nd and a tiny bit of change?  I'd consider it.  He grew on me a lot as a prospect and while I understand the concern people have about his limitations, I think it would be worth a shot.  And he'd be coming into a good situation with a good pass-blocking OL, DJ Moore, and a better offensive coaching staff than he had in New England.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

That is kinda crazy. But yeah, I never thought Mac Jones had great potential. Neither does Zappe really, but if he’s more of a behind the scenes leader, it makes sense. Especially for Bill, who has an insane amount of disdain for nonsense. 

Bill's the one who created all the nonsense by saddling him with Judge and Patricia...unless this was some master manipulative move to test his maturity lol.

• Like 1