What's Aaron Rodgers trade value?

49ersfan

I've been reading the back and forth all morning on this and the only logical take away I got out of all of it is that the only sensible thing to do as a Green Bay Packer fan in this very moment is to get high, order a couple rolls of sushi w/ a steak & chicken hibachi lunch (to go of course), eat the sushi, take a nap, wake up hit the cart again and then eat the lunch and hope that by the time the buzz comes down we can all be talking about what this trade does for the Jets and the Packers as organizations as opposed to what the compensation is going to be. 

• Like 5

Just now, Packerraymond said:

I thought all Aaron was worth was a 2nd??? They have one. Seems to me you're noticing they have no 1st round pick. :) 

Ok go ahead and take a lower second then lol. Keep clowning yourself. That's about the only way Miami COULD jump in front of us considering we pick higher in every round. 

If Miami is clearing space for anyone it's Lamar after the draft.

3 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

sensible thing to do as a Green Bay Packer fan in this very moment is to get high, order a couple rolls of sushi w/ a steak & chicken hibachi lunch (to go of course), eat the sushi, take a nap, wake up hit the cart again and then eat the lunch

…do I have to be a Packers fan for this? Because this sounds great for a Texans fan, too.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

What if he's a 3-5 year player though and that was always the actual likely result?

And what evidence is there that he's a 3-5 year player?  Or that the Pack intended him to play 3-5 years?  They knew they had a Jordan Love situation that had to be figured out.  If they intended for Rodgers to play 3-5 years they trade Love last year and maybe get something of value in return bc he would have still had 2 cheap years and a 5th year option.  Unless you believe the Packers intent was to keep Love for all 3 years, while picking up his FULLY GUARANTEED 5th year option.  Then either lose him for nothing or resign him to a big money deal w/o ever having seen him play?  Sometimes we have to follow the principle of occams razor.  They drafted Love in 2020 w/ full intent of him being the starter in 2021. They were going to say goodbye to the PITA QB they had and the Love era was set to begin.  Rodgers screwed that entire plan up by winning MVP and getting to the NFCCG.  This was compounded by Jordan Love not giving the staff any confidence in him.  Now they have to go hat in hand (remember they had to fly out to see Aaron to convince him to come back to GB) back to their PITA QB and beg him not to go yet.  He wins another MVP and Love still is not giving the staff any confidence.  So now they are forced to sign Aaron to whatever deal he wants bc he has all the leverage.  Aaron being astute gets a deal that continues to give him all the leverage in the relationship.  Now they think they can move off him on the field and not.lose face, so they are going to deal him, but again only 1 team has come calling and that team knows the history, knows what's going on, and knows that Aaron holds all the cards.  There also is a deadline here, there is an option in the contract to.convert this year's salary to bonus.  If the Pack have to take that option that ~$50M cap hit they are going to take on the trade becomes $85M. This isn't really rocket science.  The Pack have to trade Aaron before that option deadline, and the Jets are the only partner.  So the leverage is all in the Jets hands.

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

And what evidence is there that he's a 3-5 year player?  Or that the Pack intended him to play 3-5 years?  They knew they had a Jordan Love situation that had to be figured out.  If they intended for Rodgers to play 3-5 years they trade Love last year and maybe get something of value in return bc he would have still had 2 cheap years and a 5th year option.  Unless you believe the Packers intent was to keep Love for all 3 years, while picking up his FULLY GUARANTEED 5th year option.  Then either lose him for nothing or resign him to a big money deal w/o ever having seen him play?  Sometimes we have to follow the principle of occams razor.  They drafted Love in 2020 w/ full intent of him being the starter in 2021. They were going to say goodbye to the PITA QB they had and the Love era was set to begin.  Rodgers screwed that entire plan up by winning MVP and getting to the NFCCG.  This was compounded by Jordan Love not giving the staff any confidence in him.  Now they have to go hat in hand (remember they had to fly out to see Aaron to convince him to come back to GB) back to their PITA QB and beg him not to go yet.  He wins another MVP and Love still is not giving the staff any confidence.  So now they are forced to sign Aaron to whatever deal he wants bc he has all the leverage.  Aaron being astute gets a deal that continues to give him all the leverage in the relationship.  Now they think they can move off him on the field and not.lose face, so they are going to deal him, but again only 1 team has come calling and that team knows the history, knows what's going on, and knows that Aaron holds all the cards.  There also is a deadline here, there is an option in the contract to.convert this year's salary to bonus.  If the Pack have to take that option that ~$50M cap hit they are going to take on the trade becomes $85M. This isn't really rocket science.  The Pack have to trade Aaron before that option deadline, and the Jets are the only partner.  So the leverage is all in the Jets hands.

#1 You and I and everyone else have absolutely no idea who has called on Aaron, we only know that the Jets are the only team that has been granted permission. Aaron's #1 interest is probably the Jets or Raiders due to familiar faces on those squads. I wouldn't believe for a second that the Raiders are "out" but it's clear that Woody is far and away the most interested party.

#2 That deadline is week 1 of the season. We were prepared for this. We have all the time we need, no reason to rush a thing. 

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

As a Browns fan, I've stopped caring about winning games and am just in "Watch the world burn/I want nobody else to be happy since I can't be" mode.

I hope the Packers deal Rodgers and go through a 30+ year span of inability to find a franchise quarterback, let alone a 1st Ballot HOF guy.

Charlie Frye Jr.

Tim Couch III

Johnny Football's 2nd Cousin

Brady Quinn's roomate's son

Brandon Weeden 2.0 age 29 rookie

...I'm here for it.

Us. 

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Lol. I’m just gonna let this one go…

Hard to tell if Rodgers is Gandhi or Einstein tbh 

I skimmed your post...thought it said Eppstein!  Came here to defend Rodgers.  Now leaving with my tail between my legs.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

I've been reading the back and forth all morning on this and the only logical take away I got out of all of it is that the only sensible thing to do as a Green Bay Packer fan in this very moment is to get high, order a couple rolls of sushi w/ a steak & chicken hibachi lunch (to go of course), eat the sushi, take a nap, wake up hit the cart again and then eat the lunch and hope that by the time the buzz comes down we can all be talking about what this trade does for the Jets and the Packers as organizations as opposed to what the compensation is going to be. 

Great idea. That's what Aaron Rodgers is probably doing tbh.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, incognito_man said:

No. I'm being cheeky.

But I do believe 2023 GB under Love is going to be better than 2022 under Rodgers for a host of reasons.

I genuinely think Love will run the actual offense better than Rodgers did last year. 

I mean if you saying compared to a banged up / young WR core and a Rodgers with a broken thumb maybe I guess.  Still not sold Love beats out what Rodgers did last year even with all of those issues.  

On 3/8/2023 at 10:52 AM, Rockice_8 said:

The Jets beat and the probably could have beaten the Bills twice last year with pitiful QB play.  If BUF is Superbowl contenders then the Jets with Rodgers sure as hell are too.

KC might lose their all pro LT, Mixon just shot a kid and look to be losing their best S.  Anything can happen in the NFL so I find it hard to believe a team with a top 5 defense, plenty of fire power on offense lead by Rodgers couldn't represent the AFC.  The Jets could very well go the LAR route and sell out for 2 years even furthering their talent and depth.  The offseason hasn't even begun yet so I bit early to claim who is and isn't Superbowl contenders.

Edit: Right on que reports coming out about BUF losing Poyer and Edmunds surface.  See things change rapidly.

So the bengals are cutting Joe Mixon simply because his sister shot someone?  

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I'll say this for Green Bay:

If they get rid of Rodgers, they should go all in on a firesale and get what they can for someone like Aaron Jones or hope he fetches a nice compensation pick.

Let all of those mid to lower tier "Rodgers guys" like Bahk, Cobb, whoever that TE he irrationally loves is, etc. walk, and go to the youth movement.

Evaluate Love this year and see what you have. If he's promising (I mean, he won't be, but still) you keep him, and if he's not, you go all in with another QB in the 1st next year.

They're going to do everything in their power to make sure Jordan Love is successful.  And given that they just restructured Aaron Jones, he's not going anywhere.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jetjuice said:

I'm glad one of you is rational here.

Nothing about what he said was rational.  We've seen other QBs be plenty successful with less than ideal receiving weapons.  Why shouldn't Rodgers be one of those?

• Like 2