Panthers hire Ejiro Evero as defensive coordinator

TheRealMcCoy

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't recall seeing coordinators force their way out of teams just to go elsewhere. I've seen teams mutually agree, but in this case Evero was highly liked and was like "yo this franchise blows, later nerds". Never seen that before.

Do coaches have to remain on staff when the HC is fired? Obviously they are under contract but thought there was a loophole?

Either way, Evero was passed for the Broncos HC,  interviewed with other organizations for HC and should have the right to move on if he so chooses. Even a lateral move as DC.

Props for Denver allowing him to leave, great get for Frank and the Panthers. 

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Great hire for Carolina but questionable as hell decision. I get that he was butt hurt about Denver passing him over for the HC job but he probably could have stayed there for a year and got a HC job. Gonna be an uphill struggle for him now. 

Interesting take

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I can't say for sure, but I don't feel like Brian Johnson had a lot to do with Jalen's development. Jalen worked with some outside coach in the off season who's very well known though the name escapes me.

Quincy Avery. He’s got a stable of QBs he works with (Hurts, Justin Fields, Deshaun Watson, Geno Smith, CJ Stroud…)

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I don't recall seeing coordinators force their way out of teams just to go elsewhere. I've seen teams mutually agree, but in this case Evero was highly liked and was like "yo this franchise blows, later nerds". Never seen that before.

Maybe if Payton told him straight up that he wanted him as DC. But it sounded like he wanted to interview other candidates as well.

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Great hire for Carolina but questionable as hell decision. I get that he was butt hurt about Denver passing him over for the HC job but he probably could have stayed there for a year and got a HC job. Gonna be an uphill struggle for him now. 

Don’t agree based off the reports I’ve heard; sounded like the Broncos weren’t 100% in on him, the Panthers are going to have some good pieces and if he does well with that defense as well, it’ll be closer to a pattern of greatness.

Also the offenses in the NFCS are going to be far easier to handle and have a good year against then having to counter Mahomes, Herbert, and whatever the Raiders put together (maybe Rodgers).

7 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Kyle Shanahan did put together a powerpoint to convince the then head coach to let him walk

• Like 1