Giants extend QB Daniel Jones (4 years, $160M), place franchise tag on RB Saquon Barkley

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, Xmad said:

How tf is this dude worth more than Derek CARR LMAO.

I hope he's at least like heavily incentivized and they can get out of it after two years or something.

probably comes down to ..............

joe pesci youths GIF

• Like 2

Daniel doesn't throw for as many yards as Dak, but I've never seen him attempt a run like this either.

Not even under Joe Judge, and that guy was terrible.

You can tell the difference between people who really watched Daniel Jones last year and people who didn't. The ones who didn't just skim over his numbers and assume he's the same quarterback from 2019-21 with better coaching. I beg to differ. The numbers don't tell you that his receiving corps was two malcontents (Golladay and Toney) and some overachieving third-stringers, or that his leadership on the field kept us in almost every game.

In some of those games we held on by the skin of our teeth; in others we were steadily overwhelmed by a talent disparity. But in all of them, I saw #8 finally starting to grow into his role.

Don't get me wrong, I would much rather be paying him $35 million a year than the $40-something this deal approaches. But if it works out, this will look like an absolute bargain later. And if DJ flops, only half of that $160 million is fully guaranteed. 

Edited by y*so*blu