Giants extend QB Daniel Jones (4 years, $160M), place franchise tag on RB Saquon Barkley

RaidersAreOne

Man, I hate being right all the time.

*Stoically, with wind whipping Tayne's cloak as he gazes with distance in his eyes to a far-off place he both hardly remembers but longs to return to*

It is the cross that I bear as I walk this strange beautiful land.

• Like 3

It's all about the guaranteed money, which curiously hasn't been released yet. The agency/player friendly numbers ($ over first 2 years, total value, incentives) have though. A bit of hopeful thinking, but I think the guarantee and structures will make this look more team friendly than it does now (and that's actually normally the case).

I wanted him back at about 37-38 per, so this isn't too far off of that. He must have really wanted that $40 million AAV for some reason. That said, I wanted him back at that price before the Ravens put the non-exclusive tag on Lamar. Could you imagine Joe Schoen and co, deep in negotiations, having already spent hours and days on this, look at Twitter on their phones and see the news about Lamar then send the agents home? Lol. 

• Like 1

Jordan Raanan just reported $82 million guaranteed. Not sure he meant that though.

EDIT: Seems like maybe $82 million guaranteed, and that is all in the first 2 years? So no guaranteed money after year 2?

Edited by minutemancl