Compensatory picks announced

RaidersAreOne

44 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Just a 4th for 5-year/$82.5M for JC Jackson? Hogwash!

Thats just the way the pay is rising. If he had played every game he maybe would be close but also still not enough really. Need to be in that 17-20 mil range at the lowest since its basically based on the top 5% based on APY, playing time and honors.

10 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Was this them exploiting the rule or was it lucky happenstance? I figure it hasn’t been that long since the rule came into effect that it could go either way 

I'd figure happenstance with the level they are on as a team and the quality of their roster and coaching.

Though while I'm generally in favour of things like the Rooney Rule, I would be of the opinion that this isn't a great option, especially for players where minorities often dominate relative to their population - including now being in an era where instead of having Rush Limbaugh spew bile on ESPN, we're at a point where probably the majority of top young QBs are also minorities. 

28 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I wouldnt think those 3 3rd equal a mid 1st. Wonder if someone would make that deal

They don't. A couple of those draft valuation charts way over value the mid round picks. I know one of them said that the picks the 49ers gave up for CMC was basically worth like the 5th overall pick or something and the highest pick they gave up was number #61 lol

By the traditional trade value chart and the Rich Hill trade chart (which is my preferred one as it does increase the value of mid round picks slightly over the Jimmy Johnson chart and I think that is accurate), those three picks basically equal a late second round pick. I think that is fair. 

• Like 2