Giants Starting Geno Smith

BroncoSojia

1 minute ago, BroncoSojia said:

They're trying to tank, while also getting a look at Smith and specifically Davis Webb.

I don't think anyone is trying to get a look at Smith - he's proven what he is in this league. If you want to see what you have in Webb then you start him, but there's no excuse to bench Eli to start Geno Smith - absolutely foolish move by a buffoon coach. 

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

My first hope is that Eli sticks around until he declines to the point where he should retire. My second hope, if that first one doesn't pan out, is that he signs with the Jaguars and wins a Super Bowl next year and tells Mcadoo and Reese and Mara and Tisch to suck it.

Patriot Killer with a returning Allen Robinson, Fournette, and a stacked defense in the AFC would be fun to watch.  Probably be the best fit for Eli too since he wouldn't be asked to do much on a run-first team.

10 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

They're trying to tank, while also getting a look at Smith and specifically Davis Webb.

Why not just go Webb then? Not like Geno is a mystery - we've known for a while he's no good.

This makes even less sense because it's Smith. I could actually understand starting Webb in a lost season...but Smith? LOL. C'mon man. 

Unfortunate way for Eli's streak to end. There's one thing I would never take away from him and that's the man's toughness, and it seems...I don't know...unfortunate that a streak that is tied to that attribute will end just because. Eli may not be the greatest, but he's certainly better than Smith. 

On the other hand, add another intriguing name to the list of available quarterbacks through FA and the draft next year for teams looking for something new. The QB carousel may never be more entertaining than it's going to be next year. 

Archived