Giants Starting Geno Smith

BroncoSojia

34 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

The thing that really irks me is... why Geno? I could see this move if you wanted to see what you have in Webb, but Geno is a known commodity - he isn't good.

Yeah Geno stinks. They have nothing to gain by wasting games playing him. See what Webb has so you know if you want to invest a top pick in a qb or not.

20 minutes ago, Shockey1979 said:

He's an admitted Eli hater and he is still salty about 18-1 but... he's not totally wrong. I think Eli is done as a Giant and I don't see him going to another team and having a renaissance. I don't think he'd "suck" but at this point he's a below average QB and there would be cheaper, younger options for teams that could give them similar production. He would probably just end up a stop gap on a team like the Jags for a year or two and then be out of the league. I hope he just retires.

I think he can have a renaissance given he has the protection. We're seeing more clearer than ever that supporting casts matter more.

Just now, BroncoSojia said:

IMO, we'll Manning on the field again before the season is over. Geno will do something stupid and get himself injured as usual, the rookie Davis will struggle, and they'll bring Eli back in for the last few games.

Unless it's due to an injury, this would be an even worse slap in the face in my opinion. Then you've tanked his ironman streak for absolutely nothing. 

People always talk about the NFL is a business but are acting like this is sacrosanct. I don't get it. He's been playing bench worthy the majority of the season. There isn't any rational reason to keep him in just to keep him in.

4 minutes ago, Malik said:

People always talk about the NFL is a business but are acting like this is sacrosanct. I don't get it. He's been playing bench worthy the majority of the season. There isn't any rational reason to keep him in just to keep him in.

I have no issue with benching Eli...the dumb / confusing part to me is why you are doing it for Geno Smith? 

2 minutes ago, Malik said:

Fans say this, but get pissy when players want to hold out or leave their team for more money. 9_9

Archived