Giants Starting Geno Smith

BroncoSojia

This is a move I just don't get. 

Eli, while sometimes incredibly mediocre, has given your franchise two, TWO, superbowl rings. Who cares if you lose every game along the way? The dude deserves it to have a nice ride into the sunshine. Even if the giants had some sort of unknown potential at QB on the bench you might give him the second (or third or last depending if Eli is going to retire) game of the season to show what he has got. Instead of having some sort Garappolo on the bench they have Geno Smith. Honestly, why even bother? This is just raining on Eli's last season as a Giant and is absolutely uncalled for. Especially concidering the fact the FO has just refused to give Eli a decent Oline for the last few years. 

8 minutes ago, Malik said:

People always talk about the NFL is a business but are acting like this is sacrosanct. I don't get it. He's been playing bench worthy the majority of the season. There isn't any rational reason to keep him in just to keep him in.

There's even less reason to play Geno smith.  Geno is never the answer.  Even if he comes out and has a decent game or two, it's not gonna last long, and he will inevitably revert back to the garbage mean.

If you're gonna do this, at least play Webb.

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

There's even less reason to play Geno smith.  Geno is never the answer.  Even if he comes out and has a decent game or two, it's not gonna last long, and he will inevitably revert back to the garbage mean.

If you're gonna do this, at least play Webb.

They are going to play both QBs

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

That makes even less sense.

Want it to make even less sense than that? McAdoo was going to let Eli start and play the games as well. Eli told McAdoo he would rather get benched if the team honestly wanted the other QBs to get time to play. 

If I'm Eli, I'm asking to ben inactive for the rest of the season and only going to home games, if that. Show up to the facility about 10 minutes before positional meetings M-F, and turn off my phone over the weekend. 

If they're going to sit you for what amounts to a lost cause, might as well take some PTO days.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

If I'm Eli, I'm asking to ben inactive for the rest of the season and only going to home games, if that. Show up to the facility about 10 minutes before positional meetings M-F, and turn off my phone over the weekend. 

If they're going to sit you for what amounts to a lost cause, might as well take some PTO days.

Wouldn't even go to the meetings, I'd facetime Geno and Davis, wish them good luck, un them through some basics about the offense then spend the holiday on a Yacht.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

He deserves it too. He's probably still feeling the pain of that 2011 playoff game against the niners. Man took a beating in that one like few quarterbacks do. 

I completely disagree with this. Don't care whether he's playing well or poor. You reward what Eli has done for the franchise and let him continue the Iron Man streak and move away from him at the end of the year if you feel this is necessary. But he has earned the right to finish the season by keeping the Giants relevant during his time in NY.

7 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Wouldn't even go to the meetings, I'd facetime Geno and Davis, wish them good luck, un them through some basics about the offense then spend the holiday on a Yacht.

I'd still be professional to the young guys. Not like Geno or Webb asked for this, no need to take your frustration out on them. Help them out for a few hours, take a long lunch (because you're not suiting up for practice or going to treatment). Take a nap somewhere in there, then go home a full three hours early.

You also gotta think a full abandonment of the job would give the Giants to claim breach of contract. Don't want that.

31 minutes ago, lancerman said:

They are evaluating... why would it make less sense? Hell Geno's probably just starting to make sure they don't luck into a win.

Evaluating what? Even if they put Webb in they have no OL or weapons for him to throw to. They can't run the ball and they expected Eli to make all of that better? Is it his fault they whiffed on Ereck Flowers? Is it his fault they ignored RB for years? Poor guy deserves better than this from a franchise that he's taken a beating for and given two super bowl rings. 

Archived