Giants Starting Geno Smith

BroncoSojia

33 minutes ago, lancerman said:

No but there were serious questions about how long Eli was viable for most of his career and how long he could ride his two Super Bowls out. I think after the second one it became hard to part with him, but he never shook the moniker of being the guy who was living off two post season runs.

Not really. After the first one he clearly made the strides as a QB. The second one pretty much cemented and proved his growth as a QB. He was "living off" of those runs but never to point of replacing him rather how we ranked him or perceived him. 

The Giants season has been over so I don’t mind the move. The giants lead the league in players on injured reserve, and even when they were healthy they sucked.  There is no point to send Eli out there to get beat up at his age.  Eli was the reason I became a serious giants fan and has been a class act on and off the field.  But age has caught up to him and he needs to be surrounded by a strong team to be effective.  His window of opportunity with the giants has sadly closed.  

#10 on his jersey, #1 in our hearts.

Does anyone have a tissue?

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Nope. I got nothing. Its a spit in the face of the best QB this franchise has ever had. Fire Mcadoo and Reese into the sun. 

This is a what have you done for me lately league. Eli's situation isn't unprecedented.

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

"We're all told at some point in time that we can no longer play the children's game, we just don't know when that's gonna be. Some of us are told at eighteen, some of us are told at forty, but we're all told."

Except Jaromir Jagr in the NHL. 

Father time has just given up there. 

10 minutes ago, JaxJags11 said:

Messed up doing Eli like that. No respect. Should have let him play out the season.

Why? They're out of playoff contention and have nothing to gainfrom starting a washed up Eli Manning. The mistake is goibg to Geno insteaf of Webb.

Just now, Kip Smithers said:

. Not worth it 

He's an admitted Eli hater and he is still salty about 18-1 but... he's not totally wrong. I think Eli is done as a Giant and I don't see him going to another team and having a renaissance. I don't think he'd "suck" but at this point he's a below average QB and there would be cheaper, younger options for teams that could give them similar production. He would probably just end up a stop gap on a team like the Jags for a year or two and then be out of the league. I hope he just retires.

Archived