Aaron Rodgers intends to play for the Jets

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's so funny everyone hates Rodgers likely for one reason and don't even remember that's why they hate him now. LOL

F it, I'll root for the Jets next year.

It's so funny how people like to pretend how they can just slap their narrative and agenda and paint the opinions of others with a broad brush.  At this point, that Rodgers lied about his immunization is largely moot - it's a drop in an otherwise larger bucket of him being a massive hypocrite.  And if a person wants to be a hypocrite, that's their business, but when they are also an attention-seeker who regularly puts their hypocrisy on display just because they can't stand to be out of the limelight (all while insisting that "they just want to do their thing, it's everybody else that's making a big deal out of it"), I'd just as soon they jump off a cliff.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

His cap hit is 60 mil this year i believe.

Im sure the Jets want GB to pay a lot of it.

Cash owed to Rodgers is a around $59m once his option is exercised, but his cap hit for the team trading for him is a little over $15m for 2023.  It will cost GB a little under $9m on the cap to trade him.

Edited by MaximusGluteus

4 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah it’s the attention seeking and narcissism for me. Not his personal choices. I don’t even hate him really, I just find it funny when he’s all stroppy.

Im not looking forward to him being in division though Tbf 

Yeah, I had similar criticisms of Brady - or at least, I felt he had the same attention-seeking traits - he just had far better tact about it.  I don't necessarily think it's a generational thing, but, damn... it's times like this that really make me miss the like of Andrew Luck and recognizing that if Trevor Lawrence has an ounce of humility, I'm going to end up being a big fan.

Edited by Dr LBC

5 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

Cash owed to Rodgers is a around $59m once his option is exercised, but his cap hit for the team trading for him is a little over $15m for 2023.  It will cost GB a little under $9m on the cap to trade him.

Yeah, and I believe the Jets are pushing for the Packers to take more of a cap hit.

3 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

Yeah, I had similar criticisms of Brady - or at least, I felt he had the same attention-seeking traits - he just had far better tact about it.  I don't necessarily think it's a generational thing, but, damn... it's times like this that really make me miss the like of Andrew Luck.

What a gem Luck was! I don’t think there is a similar video with Rodgers getting hit 😂

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Yeah, and I believe the Jets are pushing for the Packers to take more of a cap hit.

The cap hit is already set in stone (GB takes on additional $9m in cap hit and the Jets take on a $15m in cap hit).  They're supposedly looking for GB to pay a portion of the cash owed, but that won't affect the cap hit for either team.

Just now, MaximusGluteus said:

The cap hit is already set in stone (GB takes on additional $9m in cap hit and the Jets take on a $15m in cap hit).  They're supposedly looking for GB to pay a portion of the cash owed, but that won't affect the cap hit for either team.

Interesting.  I thought paying a portion of the cash owed would effect the cap hit.

AFC East is stacked beyond comprehension. Bills, Dolphins, Jets all have stacked rosters. Josh Allen and Aaron Rodgers are Top 5 QB's. Yes, Rodgers is easily still a Top 5 QB imo. I would take Rodgers over Herbert all day long for one season. He had a down year but coming off two MVP seasons before that, and Rodgers has shown no "physical" decline. He showed a decline in statistics and motivation last year but not physically, arm is still the same, ability is still the same. This is why when everyone said Brady fell off a cliff after 2019 and was a Fringe Top 10 QB, I said they were crazy, the guy is easily still Top 3-4 in the league. 

Tua, when healthy, was also statically playing like a Top 6-7 QB last year. That 2020 Draft Class was something special. Imagine if Jordan Love takes off??? We could be looking at that QB class as the best ever if those four guys light it up over the next 8 years.\

AFC East is the new murderers row IMO. AFC North and AFC West are also extremely tough divisions. 

Crazy how history can repeat itself. Personally I hope Love does awesome things the same as I was hoping Rodgers did when the incumbent QB became a crotchety old prick. 

To me, his schtick got old when he didn't care to work with younger receivers and then proceed to throw them under the bus when they couldn't read his mind. When it's not going his way he has the worst body language and that side eye roll thing he does to the sideline when something doesn't go his way...ughh. Having said that I think both the player and team just need a fresh start. 

Good luck to the Packers 

Good luck to the Jets 

Edited by Chiefs_5627
  • Like 2