Jets trade WR Elijah Moore to the Browns

AFlaccoSeagulls

43 minutes ago, DawgX said:

The F-S trade chart also says it would be close fair for trade the Jets first round pick 13th overall for a 3rd a 5th a 6th and a 7th too (97th + 161st + 193rd + 225th). 1700 to 1695 points.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Trojan said:

The F-S trade chart also says it would be close fair for trade the Jets first round pick 13th overall for a 3rd a 5th a 6th and a 7th too (97th + 161st + 193rd + 225th). 1700 to 1695 points.

Or you can look at it like this

Browns get: Amari Cooper | Elijah Moore | 3rd round pick

Browns trade: 2nd round pick | 5th round pick

good job Andrew Berry. Stay shrewd 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Cooper/Moore/DPJ has a lot of potential if Watson bounces back.

That's just the thing. If Watson plays to his potential, this will be a championship contender. If he plays like last year, it won't matter. The Browns roster has virtually no real weaknesses aside from QB, if you believe Watson is going to do what he did last year again.

I have a feeling Watson will play at a high level, but I don't have a lot of faith he'll ever enter the Allen/Burrow/Mahomes level again (if he was ever really there...which I'd say no)...which is kind of what's necessary nowadays to be a champ.

The Browns roster, in my opinion, is better than the KC Chiefs and the Cincinnati Bengals. However, their QB's are significantly better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

I take it that means you miss Baker? 🤔

don't get crazy now

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

He wants it both ways. Banging the “upgrade Baker sucks” drum for 4 years then he’s here. Loveable contrarian…or a Grossi burner account.

You think Baker's good now? ;

Trading it all for a questionable character young franchise phenom was spot on for analytics. Not sure anyone anticipated he'd look like a broken QB. If it isn't that he just didn't know the offense, everyone's in trouble.

6 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Trading it all for a questionable character young franchise phenom was spot on for analytics. Not sure anyone anticipated he'd look like a broken QB. If it isn't that he just didn't know the offense, everyone's in trouble.

What alternatives did we have? Like, really?

And yeah, I'd say A LOT of Watson's issues were due to rust and not being familiar with the offense. Guess we'll find out soon enough if I'm right or wrong. I, personally, was legit worried that he would just suck when he came back. Going from playing in a soft, warm weather division to a tough, cold weather division was a concern for me. But everything I saw from him last season seemed more like rust and being unfamiliar with the system/his teammates more so than him just being "broken".

Edit: I'll add, I think another reason for the offense's struggles was Stefanski and company trying to find an appropriate balance between what our offense excelled at vs. what Watson was comfortable with. For example, we ran a lot more shotgun once Watson came back, which somewhat neutered our running game.

Edited by DawgX

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Interesting, seems like very little. I guess the Packers didnt want Moore coming back

I'm not sure Matt LaFleur was too excited about the proposition of coaching the WR that caused a ton of issues for his brother Mike (Jets OC)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm not sure Matt LaFleur was too excited about the proposition of coaching the WR that caused a ton of issues for his brother Mike (Jets OC)

No kidding.  The only Jets' WR that might be a Packer is Corey Davis.  I'm sure Mike was in Matt's ear about Elijah Moore.