Draft Day 2

MdTitansFan56

I have no passionate feelings either way about trading up in the second for Levis. 

I lean towards the notion that if you didn’t like a QB enough to take them in the first, then you probably shouldn’t draft them in the second.

But, maybe he’s just the best player on our board and is now viewed as not too big of a commitment that he limits future plans if he doesn’t hit. 

My nightmare scenario was trading up into the top 5 for him. If it’s at 32 the amount of harm being done is just so much more limited.

15 minutes ago, 615finest said:

Plot twist were trading up for Joey Porter Jr

I hope not.  I mean, it's better than taking a QB, but if Ran comes in and continues the JRob tradition of thinking that having a passing game is optional, it's gonna feel like the organization learned nothing from the last couple years.

And we've invested so much at corner.  We have so many young corners.  We have two second year CBs that got significant playing time, a first round CB from 21, and Fulton, along with Murphy-Bunting.  Corners don't score points or pass protect.

10 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

levis at least has a shot in hell at being a high-end QB. i don't think he'll do it, but i can cope myself into believing it.

if we stake our future on hendon ******* hooker i will be as checked out on the titans as i have been in years. i'll still watch the damn team, we're all too far gone to think otherwise lol, but my god what an awful decision that would be. just a total waste of the next several years.

I will be almost as upset with Hooker as with Levis, but as a Vols fan, I can probably at least lie to myself more easily with Hooker than I can with Levis.

I'd be really happy with Michael Mayer. The value of taking him in the second is just too good to pass up and a 2 TE set of Mayer and Chig would be great.  Coming out of the first 2 rounds with Skoronski and Mayer would signal just getting damn good football players. Nothing flashy but guys that help our offense tremendously. I'd also really like Mims/Tyler Scott/Rashee Rice (really any WR in the 3rd.)

If we end up with Hooker I can live with it. I think he's got a lot to work with as a player, seems like a great kid, and the age doesn't really concern me. If he hits, he's still playing a decade plus at QB. Just say no to Levis at all costs.