2024 NFL Draft Discussion

MacReady

3 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

I say this as someone who considers him one of my all time favorite non Packers players. GTFOH with the Sanders to the NFL talk.

As PR said he's not a good coach. He's a "brand". His whole shtick is I'm rich and cool and famous. That works for recruiting 17 year olds but not for coaching in the NFL.

His team is currently 129th in rushing yards, sacks allowed, penalties, and total defense. There's 130 teams.

"Mr. Sanders...The Chicago Bears are on line one asking for you."

First real evidence against putting too much stock into the S2 test this year. Stroud was far and away 4/4 and thus far is far and away 1 of 4 of the rooks. Be interesting to keep looking at the data that leaks the next few years as the test is relatively new and had some strong success correlation the first few drafts. 

34 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

First real evidence against putting too much stock into the S2 test this year. Stroud was far and away 4/4 and thus far is far and away 1 of 4 of the rooks. Be interesting to keep looking at the data that leaks the next few years as the test is relatively new and had some strong success correlation the first few drafts. 

Stroud is only 1 out of the rooks because we haven't played Clifford yet.

30 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Is Corum big enough to be an every down back in the NFL? Great player, but wonder if he gets run over by blitzers. 

Very few backs in the NFL are "every down" anymore. Most of them are early picks, i.e. Bijan, Saquan, Josh Jacobs, JT, McCaffrey. Most of the time if you're using a 3rd or later (which Corum will most likely go) it's because you like them as part of a committee.