Stalking Rodgers

Brit Pack

42 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Responding to the part I bolded. The **** he does. MLF needs to keep his mouth shut and let them implode. We want a top 10 FRP next year. 

I also can't wait until Rodgers uses all of their timeouts trying to draw the other team offsides to no avail. That worked really well in 2017-2018, but teams have caught onto it. 

Rodgers turned into the Primadonna Brett Favre became. He's not changing for anybody and will wear real thin real quick with teammates because his legend was built in Green Bay, not New York. 

Haha I get it… but if he is boys with Saleh he would likely feel he needs to help his boy out.

I just don’t think Hackett has the personality to hold Rodgers accountable. It would be easier if Saleh wore that hat.

but to be fair, given everything they have given up…. No one can really hold him accountable. That franchise is stuck with Rodgers as captain until they release him.

24 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Jets could go 1-3 in their first 4 games.

weeks 10, 11, 12 is a rough stretch for NYJ

week 10 is Sunday night at LV

week 11 is Sunday @ Buffalo

week 12 is Friday vs Miami

On 5/11/2023 at 9:10 AM, MacReady said:

I am going to enjoy watching Rodgers get embarrassed on national television in his first game the same way Wilson did.

Rodgers is going to get destroyed in week one.

Tough draw for his first game.  He's not the player he once was but he's still a lot better than Wilson.  Should be a fun game to watch.  Considering we now have a first round pick on the line just want him to stay upright and lose as much as possible.  He won't get destroyed he'll probably play pretty well.  Jets have a defense and they are fired up.  Still have major issues on the offensive line.  Turner isn't the answer either.  If Rodgers does struggle that will be the reason why. 

11 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Tough draw for his first game.  He's not the player he once was but he's still a lot better than Wilson.  Should be a fun game to watch.  Considering we now have a first round pick on the line just want him to stay upright and lose as much as possible.  He won't get destroyed he'll probably play pretty well.  Jets have a defense and they are fired up.  Still have major issues on the offensive line.  Turner isn't the answer either.  If Rodgers does struggle that will be the reason why. 

Yeah that OL makes me worried about their 1st round pick 

32 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

Yah me too.  He better get rid of the ball quick.  He tries to extend and play hero ball he'll get killed back there. 

The Jets had a sack rate of 6.3% last season 14th in the NFL, the Packers were 5.4% which was 7th. The Jets gave up less than one more sack per 100 drop backs last season, now ask the question if who the QB was for those teams made any difference in those percentages. Don't think the Jets OL is as bad as some are making them out to be. 

14 hours ago, R T said:

The Jets had a sack rate of 6.3% last season 14th in the NFL, the Packers were 5.4% which was 7th. The Jets gave up less than one more sack per 100 drop backs last season, now ask the question if who the QB was for those teams made any difference in those percentages. Don't think the Jets OL is as bad as some are making them out to be. 

https://www.lineups.com/articles/nfl-offensive-line-rankings

Looks like the Jets were bottom five last year in both run and pass blocking 

On 5/3/2023 at 11:19 PM, Mr Bad Example said:

In another sport there's a team that uses the approach of "marginal gains" -meaning the differences between elite teams are razor thin, so every tiny thing you can do to gain an edge is important.

QBs spending any extra moment they can building chemistry with WRs would fall under that. Considering how close the last 2 playoff losses were, it couldn't have hurt.

So you subscribe to the teacher model of what you casually learned in April/May is somehow kept in the back of your head waiting to be unlocked upon further review come September/October when classes start back up?

And it's somehow equally as important as spending all week in actual practice day in and day out during the actual season. Sitting through those walk throughs, sitting through position meetings, team meetings, lunches, dinners and everything else that goes into the real bread and butter of an NFL season. But hey, Aaron didn't throw to his new guys for a few days in shorts back 4 and a half months ago... that's why they were a split second off on a few routs the following January. Answer me this, can you recall from memory, anything specific not related to your kids or wife's lives, on a moment's notice from 4-5 months ago? 

Gimme a ****ing break. THAT's what we care – as fans – to harp on? THREE decades of first ballot HoF play at the most important position and people are pissed at those two people? Hilarious.

...Not the continual failure of the front office and coaches of this org's inability to improve as a complete team for over a decade now? (looking at you defense & special teams). If it was actually that important, vitally important, a competent GM would write into his QB in questions' contract a workout bonus in the tens of millions of dollars to do all OTA's with his WR's every spring. Since apparently that's why to a certain few games were not won in the winter.

Ya'll should focus your attention elsewhere, just like the vets who've been through it for a number of years have done this time of year. There's a poison in this organizations foundation. It happens to most businesses without outside competition, complacency and old ****s who are out of touch. GB is ripe with both.

Edited by Laces Out

On 5/13/2023 at 1:10 AM, Scoremore said:

While I absolutely understand the bolded sentiment, I'm ok with the Jets doing well with Rodgers and the Packers getting a later first round pick. I don't wish for them to lose. I'm just in the mindset of "What will be, will be" and will enjoy whatever pick we get next draft. I will follow how the Jets do in a casual manner though, just like I will glance at how the Raiders do this season, with Adams.