Year 2 of the KO'C Offense

vike daddy

On 7/10/2023 at 10:42 AM, viking said:

My hopes for the 2023 KOC offense:

1 - Keep kirk & our passing game explosive while striving to reduce offensive turnovers - 17 combined turnovers by Kirk would ideally be around 10

2- Incorporate a combination of our powerful backs (Mattison & Mcbride) and speedsters (chandler & nwangwu) in the running game. Every back on the roster should contribute to our running attack

3- Be hot early in games & score points early so that Flores can dial up more aggressive blitzes to close out games

Less 3-and-outs.

Consistency through entire game, not just hot in specific quarters.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

We had really bad 3rd quarters last year, right?

48 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

1st and 3rd I believe.

I actually tracked this and here is what I had for points per quarter.

1st - 78 (shut out 4x)
2nd - 110 (shut out 5x)
3rd - 61 (shut out 9x)
4th - 169 (shut out 2x)
OT - 6

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

Less 3-and-outs.

Consistency through entire game, not just hot in specific quarters.

it was clear to see the difference between KOCs scripted plays to start the game/ start the half.

He really has plenty of room to improve in the play calling aspect of being a HC

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

What offer?

Take it however you want. Personally, I don’t believe it. 

Enough of what Boomer says is simply wrong, that it gives me the idea that he got caught in a game of telephone. He talked with this person, who talked with that person, who heard from another person, etc. 

I’m guessing that the Vikings were offering Cook a restructured contract at $7M per year. But releasing Cook took that offer and that contract off the table. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Losing their first two games isn’t fun, but when the offense is playing really well, that’s a huge win. After averaging 5.9 yards per play against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Vikings averaged a whopping 6.44 yards per play against the Eagles. That would give you a first down every other play. Really impressive stats from the Vikings and something they can hang their hat on.

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/lists/vikings-stats-2023-season-justin-jefferson-danielle-hunter/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem_manual&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR3MdYoJCRgA8WuG0B4U2_V-ujfiuhjnKJ3bmKJdG4tQrrJB15g7CfUhSbM

• Like 1