Falcons HC Arthur Smith told OT Peter Skoronski that he found him boring.

Mr.UFO

16 hours ago, scar988 said:

They only did that because of Blank and Blank's personal relationship with Watson.

He has a personal relationship with him? Between Watson and ATL Vick, is Aurthur Blank secretly like Wayne Brady in that Dave Chappelle skit? 

giphy.gif

On 5/5/2023 at 9:11 AM, scar988 said:

No, they shouldn't have. They like Ridder and want to give him this year to prove himself in the offense and not have to worry about a big QB. I think it's smart what they're doing. Very similar to what the franchise did with Matt Ryan back in 2008 and 2009.

Your team had much more invested in Matt Ryan but I see what you mean.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Your team had much more invested in Matt Ryan but I see what you mean.

They did. But if they think Ridder’s off field is like Matt’s (they do) and his athleticism is better and arm is similar to a young Matt, him basically being a mobile Matt Ryan isn’t the worst end result at all. 

• Like 1

Counterpoint: I mean, if I was applying for the job of my life and have a bunch of flat "gonna give it 110%" kind of answers to questions trying to get to know me, I'd expect to turn off the interviewer with the shallowness of those non-answers.

We really need more context, though, before we dub anyone the villain here. 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 8:46 AM, Soko said:

NFL people always get so weird with the rookie interviews.

Imagine going on a job interview and getting disrespected or getting asked borderline illegal questions because they want to “see if you could handle it”, lol.

Honestly, as someone who does conduct interviews during the hiring process, I'd love to do more of that. It would weed out the crap candidates faster and prevent wasted time. 

I'm not looking to harass someone during an interview, but asking someone an off-the-wall question is more indicative of how they will handle unexpected pressure as opposed to asking "where do you see yourself in 3 years."

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Honestly, as someone who does conduct interviews during the hiring process, I'd love to do more of that. It would weed out the crap candidates faster and prevent wasted time. 

I'm not looking to harass someone during an interview, but asking someone an off-the-wall question is more indicative of how they will handle unexpected pressure as opposed to asking "where do you see yourself in 3 years."

The one time I was allowed to interview someone for a job at the place I work now, I asked, "who's your favorite all-time wrestler?" because I wanted to gauge how well he would fit in with the team. He said, "Shawn Michaels" and I gave my recommendation to hire the guy right then and there. He lasted 60 days before he quit. lol

• Like 2

Just now, candyman93 said:

This dude is going to be gone in 1-2 years once the falcons don’t land Williams or Maye next year.

I think they'll be fine with Ridder. If he's gone, it's because he missed the playoffs the next 2 years. 

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

“Off the wall” is a little different than saying like “so was your mother a prostitute?”, lol. There’s lots of things you could do that would weed out weaker candidates, that doesn’t make them righteous. Not to mention that, if you’re interviewing anyone worth their weight in salt, that they’d probably consider going somewhere else. 

“Off the wall” I can get behind, though. For all the reasons you said.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 12:12 AM, FalconFan13 said:

It's a good thing we didn't do what you said it was a really dumb idea and thing to do.  Falcons spending all that money on Lamar would have been ignorant when you have absolutely no money nor descent players to put around him to help him succeed.   

The Falcons don't have decent skill position players on offense?