2023 WC Finals: (1) Denver Nuggets vs (7) Los Angeles Lakers

11sanchez11

Not even an excuse, but there was no way the Lakers were winning this series with a hurt Bron. Even if he was fully healthy I kinda doubt they're able to take it, but at least it would be more interesting.

Well thankfully there is the Haney and Lomachenko fight to take my mind off this series.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

I don't wanna call them pretenders necessarily, but I knew the Lakers were the 4th best team in the West. They just got lucky with the bracket. Grizzlies and Warriors were the 2 worst road teams all year, Grizzlies were also injured. The 2 best teams in the West were the Nuggets and Suns.

So much praise to go around. Those AG minutes at Center in the 3rd were HUGE. Some big boy rebounds and iso Defense on AD.

MPJ, who I've been critical of a lot, was fantastic in literally every aspect of his game. The assists, what the hell?!?!?

And yeh, as others have said, the KCP buckets in the 3rd without Nikola were so timely.

Not done yet, but the steely determination of this squad has me very confident that's for sure.

6 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

So much praise to go around. Those AG minutes at Center in the 3rd were HUGE. Some big boy rebounds and iso Defense on AD.

MPJ, who I've been critical of a lot, was fantastic in literally every aspect of his game. The assists, what the hell?!?!?

And yeh, as others have said, the KCP buckets in the 3rd without Nikola were so timely.

Not done yet, but the steely determination of this squad has me very confident that's for sure.

I’d argue that Bruce Brown has been the 3rd best nuggets player this postseason. You need 2 superstars to play like superstars in todays NBA and Jokic and Murray have been delivering. But Browns ability to make plays without the ball in his hands (cutting to the basket, getting rebounds, really solid defense) has allowed the rest of the team to stay in the flow. 

• Like 1