Broncos Training Camp / Preseason Thread

Broncofan

24 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Highlighted might be a bit tricky, unless you know something I don't .....

Perhaps more 12 personnel (2 TE) to get Dulcich on the field as a receiving threat across all 3 downs, rather than just 3rd down?

Brain cramp - Hinton lol. 

But yes 12 personnel is something Payton loves.   Def a possibility.   Albert O probably a lock to make 53-man roster now if that’s the plan.   

A couple of reporters touched on what you raised - getting Trequan Smith, but now by trade.  Obv it wouldn’t be more than a R6-7 pick.    I have to admit while the price is low and I won’t say it’s terrible if we went that route - I wouldn’t be crazy about it.  It’s one thing to waiver guys like him.   It’s just there’s no long-term gain and frankly just a 3-4 game stop gap for a depth piece.   It’s like trading a pick for a ST guy that doesn’t stick after the year.   The cost is low but the potential gain is literally as close to nil it’s not worth it.  

The fact Jeudy avoided a grade 3 season ender and Johnson / Hinton being back hopefully keeps any trade from happening.   No problem with waiver moves just trading for 4th-5th roster guys who will be on bubble to stay for ROS is a different calculus altogether.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

They may need to keep Albert O on the roster for his receiving abilities. 

Klis has him “on the bubble” in his 53-man roster projection piece. On one hand, Sean didn’t bring him in, on the other hand, Albert O’s raw athleticism should at least make Sean consider keeping him around and trying to maximize his potential. 

11 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Highlighted might be a bit tricky, unless you know something I don't .....

Perhaps more 12 personnel (2 TE) to get Dulcich on the field as a receiving threat across all 3 downs, rather than just 3rd down?

Why we don't run 2 TEs more is a great question. I want to see a heavy dose of Dulcich/Albert O on the field together. Mismatch nightmare.

Honestly feels like it could be similar to Ertz/Geodert in Philly 

Just takes a play caller with enough brain power to make it happen

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Why we don't run 2 TEs more is a great question. I want to see a heavy dose of Dulcich/Albert O on the field together. Mismatch nightmare.

Honestly feels like it could be similar to Ertz/Geodert in Philly 

Just takes a play caller with enough brain power to make it happen

Hard to run a lot of two TE sets with two TEs who are below average blockers. Significantly below average in albert O's case. And in obvious passing downs I'd rather have another wideout in. 

Edited by MontanaBronco
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Albert O sure looks like he’s making the 53-man roster.   

He liked awesome last week in the blocking game and by all reports, has been much improved during training camp. You'd hate to see him walk and finally put it together on another team.

10 minutes ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

Yikes!! That is brutal. He should be suspended for a few weeks if he even makes the team. 

I'll bet he's cut tomorrow. Blatant stupidity is pretty much frowned on by everybody. That was ugly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Such a dirty play.  

Ya man. I instantly was pissed. So bush league and I'm glad they enforced it. BTW we gonna talk about Mims catch being better than any Jeudy catch? Impressive hands right there. Surprise for me is Albert actually flashing for once since some of his chemistry w Lock. May have hope for him yet.

Meanwhile Mclaughlin (mcLovin to me) has continued to impress. Also kinda not paid attention to this game, Maher actually quite good kicking. 

Overall let me just say, Sean has shown me that focus on all 3 phases (all 3 games) with someone who knows what they are talking about, our team will be much improved. IMO we should be 3-1 in our first 4 games looking at the schedule. I think we win those three simply by being consistent and solid...Russ doesn't need to DO anything except play at Paytons pace