Who will win the NFC West in 2023?

notthatbluestuff

Who will win the NFC West in 2023?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the NFC West in 2023?

• Arizona Cardinals
    • Los Angeles Rams
    • San Francisco 49ers
    • Seattle Seahawks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/2023 at 11:00 PM

Gimme the Seahawks.

9ers are probably the smart money, but with the QB issue, I would not be surprised at all if the Hawks sneak past them.  All those second round running backs ought to give them something on the ground too.  Not to mention they have what's about to be an elite OT tandem, and probably one of the deepest WR groups in the league.

Add the pieces they've added the last few years on defense, and if it all comes together, they can be scary.

I'm not sure I see the Seattle hype. They did knock their draft out of the park and got outstanding contribution out of their rookies (RB, CB, OL). Sophomore slump?

9-8

Impressive Wins:

Lions 48-45 (road)

Chargers 37-23(Road)

Giants 27-13(Home)

Bad Losses:

Panthers 30-24 (Home)

Raiders 40-34 (Home)

Saints 29-32 (Road)

Falcons 27-23 (Home)

4-2 in NFC West (0-2 vs SF)

This division is the 49ers to lose and the Seahawks to win. 

The 49ers are incredibly stacked, but obviously have some question marks at QB. If they get average to above-average QB play, they'll win 12-14 games. 

The Seahawks need 2022 1st-half Geno to make some noise and win 10+ games. If they get the Geno from the 2nd half of last season, they'll win 8 games. 

The Rams could get frisky this year and make things interesting for the 3rd WC seed, but they'll most likely sit somewhere around 6-9 wins and miss the playoffs. 

The Cardinals will most likely be competing for the #1 pick in the draft. If Murray comes back from his injury and plays well during the second half of the season, maybe they win 5 or 6 games, but I think they're destined for 2-4 wins this year. 

The Seahawks had a really good offseason. Still lack some edge rushers but they are loaded at RB/WR, Smith played good ball last season and they have a young OL that can take the next step offensively. They re-signed Wagner on defense, signed underrated Julian Love, signed Jones and drafted Witherspoon. They have a chance to be a scary team if the Witherspoon pick hits and Smith can maintain the play he had last season.

The Niners should still win the division obviously, but the Seahawks have potential to push them until the very end. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2023 at 4:22 PM, FrantikRam said:

I think they are the inverse of the Chiefs from last year and in some ways, the later Brady led Patriot teams.

Both the Chiefs and Patriots had the best QB in the league and while they definitely had talent in other places, definitely not to the level the NIners do outside of the QB room. I think every playoff loss for them has boiled down to QB play, and you really saw it in the losses to the Chiefs in the Super Bowl and the Rams in the NFCCG when their offense stalled while the other teams offenses came alive on the back of good QB play.

They have had better rosters than several Super Bowl champions. Jimmy G was terrible in the playoffs in both 2019/2022 and they made deep runs. 

Edited by CP3MVP

On 7/18/2023 at 2:59 PM, NinerNation21 said:

This division is the 49ers to lose and the Seahawks to win. 

The 49ers are incredibly stacked, but obviously have some question marks at QB. If they get average to above-average QB play, they'll win 12-14 games. 

The Seahawks need 2022 1st-half Geno to make some noise and win 10+ games. If they get the Geno from the 2nd half of last season, they'll win 8 games. 

The Rams could get frisky this year and make things interesting for the 3rd WC seed, but they'll most likely sit somewhere around 6-9 wins and miss the playoffs. 

The Cardinals will most likely be competing for the #1 pick in the draft. If Murray comes back from his injury and plays well during the second half of the season, maybe they win 5 or 6 games, but I think they're destined for 2-4 wins this year. 

I think we'll end up being better than Seattle, but that likely won't be a popular opinion until we beat them in week one

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rrrrrrrams said:

i don't get the seattle hype. they looked like complete garbag playing that rams practice squad team last year.

Competent offense if Geno is decent (worth noting that Geno want great to finish the season though... So we will see if he's turning back into a pumpkin). The defense could take a step forward with some of those young guys, but that's TBD 

I got the Niners to win the West but I have the Rams finishing 2nd. People have the Rams finishing 3rd or even last saying that they are tanking. Let me break the news, the Rams arent tanking. If they were then McVay and Donald wouldnt have came back. They both wouldve retired if the Rams were tanking.

Ill go back to last season as Ive said before, everything bad that couldve happen to a team happened to the Rams and yet they were two blown late game opportunities against the Seahawks and that one blown late game opportunity against the Bucs from winning 8 games. 

As good as the Seahawks were last season and they did make improvements this offseason, do we expect Geno to be just as good if not better this season? The Rams had a great shot to sweep the Seahawks last season despite not having Stafford, Kupp, or Donald in those two games. So the Rams are taking one game if not both games against the Seahawks this season. They will sweep the Cards especially if Murray isnt playing in both games. So thats 3 if not 4 wins right there for the Rams. I say the Rams will win 10 games providing relatively health.