NFL Top 100 (NFL Network)

Trojan

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

There’s no way Andrew Thomas ISN’T on the list. He’s the best LT in football, how can someone justify NOT having him there?

I'd say 2nd best, but you know how these things work out. It takes a while to get your respect, especially when you're a quiet dude at a quiet position, but then you end up keeping it for too long. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see AT miss the list this year, have essentially a repeat season this coming year, then debut at like #10 in 2024. That's just the way it goes sometimes for these lists.

• Like 1

Today's release:

50. Cameron Jordan, DE, New Orleans Saints
49. Patrick Surtain II, CB, Denver Broncos
48. Haason Reddick, OLB, Philadelphia Eagles
47. Cooper Kupp, WR, Los Angeles Rams
46. C.J. Mosley, ILB, New York Jets
45. Cameron Heyward, DT, Pittsburgh Steelers
44. Jaylen Waddle, WR, Miami Dolphins
43. Demario Davis, OLB, New Orleans Saints
42. Kirk Cousins, QB, Minnesota Vikings
41. Lane Johnson, OT, Philadelphia Eagles

On 7/29/2023 at 5:37 AM, Trojan said:

Todays release:
60. Trevon Diggs, CB Cowboys
59. Justin Simmons, S Broncos
58. Jefferey Simmons, DT Titans
57. Jordan Poyer, S Bills
56. Dak Prescott, QB Cowboys
55. Tony Pollard, RB Cowboys
54. Brian Burns, EDGE Panthers
53. Mike Evans, WR Buccaneers
52. Jonathan Allen, DT Commanders
51. Aaron Rodgers, QB Jets

Mike Evans seems high to me. 

Power seems high to 

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Mike Evans seems high to me. 

Power seems high to 

1st team all pro in 2021. Missed 5 games in 2022 but still had similar stats to 2021. 

His 2022 was almost more impressive (when he played) than 2021 season because the Bills were without Micah Hyde and Tre White for a majority of the year so he had to hold down a lot more in the back 4. 

12 hours ago, Trojan said:

Today's release:

Feels kinda low for both of them, but I guess offensive Lineman aren't as flashy. DeMario Davis over Hassan Reddick is nuts.

13 hours ago, Trojan said:

50. Cameron Jordan, DE, New Orleans Saints
49. Patrick Surtain II, CB, Denver Broncos
47. Cooper Kupp, WR, Los Angeles Rams
46. C.J. Mosley, ILB, New York Jets
45. Cameron Heyward, DT, Pittsburgh Steelers
44. Jaylen Waddle, WR, Miami Dolphins
43. Demario Davis, OLB, New Orleans Saints
42. Kirk Cousins, QB, Minnesota Vikings

So… this is NOT based on just the ‘22 season. Because there’s very little argument for a guy who only played a little over half a season to be in the top 50.

There is absolutely no frame of reference to put Kupp ahead of Devonta Smith, Amon-Ra St Brown, Garrett Wilson, Terry McLaurin - *unless* you’re factoring in ‘21, when Kupp was the best WR in football. Nothing he did in nine games last season exceed these guys who are in the bottom 50.

If you’re factoring in ‘21, sure. This makes sense. But I’ve always been told this is based on the previous year only.

Todays release:
40. Quinnen Williams, DT Jets
Ja'Marr Chase, WR Bengals
Khalil Mack, LB Chargers
Jason Kelce, C Eagles
Jalen Ramsey, CB Dolphins
Christian McCaffrey, RB 49ers
CeeDee Lamb, WR Cowboys
Matthew Judon, LB Patriots
Justin Herbert, QB Chargers
Saquon Barkley, RB Giants

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So… this is NOT based on the ‘22 season. Because there’s very little argument for a guy who only played a little over half a season to be in the top 50.

I'm terrible at multiquote, but I was saying on page 1 that I thought Cooper Kupp was a lock because of his triple crown the year before, it's a mostly last year performance + recent reputation projection for the upcoming year. Kupp was so dominate the year he won the SB he's going to make it regardless of the Rams collapse this last year, because if the Rams are trash and Kupp and Stafford are healthy Kupp is still likely to produce at a top 100 level. Like Deshaun made it when suspended lol. The criteria isn't strong so players vote how they feel and I'd bet guys that played Kupp last year or especially the year before and his teammates still put him high while others move on and don't include him at all on their ballots I'd assume.

• Like 1

Just now, wcblack34 said:

Kirk Cousins getting a lot of love. Based on last season, that #42 spot is well deserved. 

I'm just hoping Darrisaw still has space to debut because I'd include him over every Viking other than Justin Jefferson, personally.

• Like 2

It's amusing how worked up some people get over this list. 

NFL players on average are not that bright, and if you just give them 10 blank spots to write in the "best" players, they are most likely gonna write in names of their friends and the opposing players who had good games against them. The better players eventually get filtered to the top but this is about as unscientific as it gets. 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

So… this is NOT based on just the ‘22 season. Because there’s very little argument for a guy who only played a little over half a season to be in the top 50.

There is absolutely no frame of reference to put Kupp ahead of Devonta Smith, Amon-Ra St Brown, Garrett Wilson, Terry McLaurin - *unless* you’re factoring in ‘21, when Kupp was the best WR in football. Nothing he did in nine games last season exceed these guys who are in the bottom 50.

If you’re factoring in ‘21, sure. This makes sense. But I’ve always been told this is based on the previous year only.

Reputation’s always played a large part. 

Adrian Peterson made it when he played like 5 games one year.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Soko said:

Reputation’s always played a large part. 

Adrian Peterson made it when he played like 5 games one year.

I always get mixed info on this - it’s only on that past season, it’s reputation, etc. Guess its a little bit of both.