Week 1 Games

Leader

13 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

I'm not so sure he put him in the dog house, that's a stretch. I agree he was healthy and they forced him the ball. Watson has more raw ability given his size and speed, I'm all on board him being the better player long term. I agree Doubs is better this year than Cobb. Mahomes made it work with the best receiving TE ever and a very legit number two in Ju Ju + MVS and guys like Moore and Toney. 

So one legit guy in Kelce and some solid role players. It's exactly what the Packers were going for with their room. Unfortunately ended up with their worst case scenario. The kids were hurt, the athletic TE was no longer very athletic, whiffed on Watkins but still had a good run game they just didn't lean on enough with how things went down. 

Looks like the Chiefs got a whiff on Toney. It happens.

But in no way shape or form did last year Rodgers look anything like Mahomes has tonight even in the loss. But he was paid like he was. Which i think is everyones #1 problem with Old Rodgers. Rodgers became very rigid in GB and didn't have time for the growing pains of the youngins. Mahomes was this whole *** team tonight and kept tossing great balls to players who were open, even though they kept letting him down, he kept running their offense. 

I think we're all just very angry that the Packers defense hasn't lived up to the billing. Which is fair.

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Sky Moore was no better. Didn't that 4th down pass hit him right in the hands? He dropped a few of them and was not a factor. 

Funny enough, if he could sky more the Chiefs still would have won that game. Two big plays he didn't make because he couldn't jump high enough. 

Just now, Refugee said:

Preferably week 4. 

Yeah I was gonna say we had better be ready ready for them come week 4 because that will be a tough one

On the one hand, I did warn people this Detroit team was no fluke and last year was no accident.

On the other, man KC sure seemed to borrow the 2022 Packer players and playbook out there.  I mean that jet sweep where Blake Bell was told to hand it off to that WR ... reminded me of that dumb 4th down call where we handed it to Lazard and spotted them an easy 3 points.  And Kadarius Toney ... Ohhh man do not ever even think about bringing him to our team.  Man what a disease.

I mean, yes gotta definitely give credit to Detroit on the one hand, but on the other KC definitely aided them with sloppy play.

1 minute ago, wgbeethree said:

Funny enough, if he could sky more the Chiefs still would have won that game. Two big plays he didn't make because he couldn't jump high enough. 

If Toney had not played, KC probably wins. Or if they had just erased the jet sweep from their playbook. It's amazing the amount of mistakes they made tonight.

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

So one legit guy in Kelce and some solid role players. It's exactly what the Packers were going for with their room. Unfortunately ended up with their worst case scenario. The kids were hurt, the athletic TE was no longer very athletic, whiffed on Watkins but still had a good run game they just didn't lean on enough with how things went down. 

Looks like the Chiefs got a whiff on Toney. It happens.

But in no way shape or form did last year Rodgers look anything like Mahomes has tonight even in the loss. But he was paid like he was. Which i think is everyones #1 problem with Old Rodgers. Rodgers became very rigid in GB and didn't have time for the growing pains of the youngins. Mahomes was this whole *** team tonight and kept tossing great balls to players who were open, even though they kept letting him down, he kept running their offense. 

I think we're all just very angry that the Packers defense hasn't lived up to the billing. Which is fair.

I'm not saying Rodgers played great last year and it was only on the team around him at all. He certainly was not playing like prime Mahomes. My issue is with the moves made by the GM more so than anything. We lacked a plan but it was clearly time to move on given the team's current makeup.  When I say anything that could be taken as making excuses or defending Rodgers I have people telling me I'm a Jets fan and all sorts of dumb ****. 

I'm all aboard the back to back to back HOF qb's and am hopeful Love can be a really good player. 

• Like 2

Will say this about Detroit, their OL is great, and they'd be wise to start getting Gibbs more touches because he was displaying some rare acceleration/burst with his touches tonight

Still think their ceiling is severely capped by how thoroughly unimpressive Goff is along with their defensive issues, especially in the secondary

• Like 1

Not the same old Lions.  They just knocked off the champs at home in their opener no less.  Tough physical team.  No joke.  They got a Defense.  Feel a little better about losing to them last year well no it still sucks.  Loved seeing KC go down tho.  Wanted the Lions to lose of course but hard not to rout for em tonight.