The issue that is Chandler Jones; Arrested and RELEASED (Page 27)

RaidersAreOne

24 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Of all the guys to have a full blown mental breakdown, I didn’t think it would be Chandler Jones of all peopleΒ 

Agree. When the posts first came out I thought - that’s so out of character. The ramblings about AB and Kanye. Just totally at odds with everything I’d seen and heard from him.

I also heard that there was an incident with synthetic marajuana a few years back, so it could be that there is some history there. Whether there is or not - what an awful situation. I just hate seeing professionals I. The public eye who seem like good people unravel in full view.

Hope he gets the support he needs. And while it’s another costly and challenging issue for the team, that becomes secondary to something as significant as this.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Honestly I don’t feel like he’s even a hype machine I think he’s just bad at his job and wrong nonstop. Jumps headfirst into every line he gets either from team or players. He’s just cheeks.Β 

It could be he’s just inept at his job, mainly working thru sources authenticate the information sometimes, but there have been instances (ie Waller situation) where he clearly was fed informational from his son OR outright made it up and created a narrative that was pro-JMD and company.

I’m not even trying to be mean but he doesn’t strike me as a highly intelligent person.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Really? Don Shula, Mike Shanahan, Andy Reid, Bill Belichick, Pete Carroll, Tom Coughlin, D. Vermeil, Tony Dungy and Gary Kubiak - just off the top of my head - won Super Bowls as β€œretread,” (they got fired in their first HC job, got hired as HC a second time) head coaches.Β 

@broncos_fan _from _ukΒ regularly points out over in our forum (or β€œsub” as its now called by the kids) that retread HCs often enjoy enormous success in their second go-around in the big chair. I suppose that bodes well for you guys with Mac, despite the heretofore returns.Β 

However, it is also worth pointing out that no HC has ever won a Super Bowl (as a HC) with two different franchises. The only active HCs who are eligible to break that would be Sean Payton, Mike McCarthy, and Doug Pederson.Β 

My post was a little confusing. That is what I was referring to. No Super Bowl winning HC went on to win another with his next franchise.Β 

And the above is of coaches didn't have much success until they had the right QB in their second act. Basically, it all comes down to the QB. Most coaches are only as good as their signal callers leading the offense.Β Β 

13 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Sounds like excuses to go from playoffs to sucking. The way you tell it we were 2-11 and not in the playoffs. Β Other coaches get it done.

No excuse needed. The roster sucked and they made the playoffs despite the 4th worst negative point differential in history. It was a fluke season. Nothing was sustainable. You can't miss on 18 top 100 picks and expect the roster to be sound.Β 

7 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Of all the guys to have a full blown mental breakdown, I didn’t think it would be Chandler Jones of all peopleΒ 

Looking at it now, some warning signs were apparently there. +family hx (which I wasn’t aware of till yesterday) along with that bizarre synthetic MJ incident with Patriots were red flags in hindsight.Β 
Β 

Β 

7 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Unfortunately this is the reality of mental health, anyone can have mental breakdowns and often the ones we least expect are the ones that have underlying issues.Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 1