The issue that is Chandler Jones; Arrested and RELEASED (Page 27)

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, raidr4life said:

One of us is confused, I was pointing to the fact that Jones posted some more new stuff then posted later that his account was hacked. Which nobody believes.

lol yeah we were mixed up haha. I was trying to say that if his account was hacked it would've been a dead issue like the first day and the team and Chandler would've confirmed that.

Him being sent home from the team to deal with "personal issues" was clearly confirmation that it wasn't hacked.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

He's lost it. 

That said, I don't know what to make of his Zeigler comments. On one hand, I think it's a bad look given that Mark Davis already told him the team was there for him. If Zeigler is dodging, that's sort of messed up. On the other, Dave could well be in an unwinnable situation, because I don't think anything he does one way or another would be accepted as adequate by Jones in his current state, meaning Mark stuck foot in mouth and over-promised trying to do the right thing. 

100% certain this is not an enviable situation. 

Jones said he doesn’t know what he’s done that is so wrong in that handwritten letter. I can’t even begin to fathom how he can be sane and look back at his behavior over the last 3 weeks and think he hasn’t crossed multiple lines. 

If I was Ziegler I wouldn’t answer his calls or entertain him at all. 

4 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

If I was Ziegler I wouldn’t answer his calls or entertain him at all. 

No doubt he has been advised not to, from health care professional or team lawyers. There has to be a process in place and I'm sure we're following it to a T. Lots of eyes on this situation.

I'm surprised the player association hasn't said anything? That is super odd. If the Raiders/league truly did something wrong here, they'd be all over us.

27 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Honestly pretty standard stuff, with the exception of the sleep situation-not sure what to make of that.  In LV it's a standard 72 hr hold for safety purposes(called a 5150, here in Colorado it's an M1).  During that time, he's given emergency medications if he poses a safety threat to himself or others.  A court order can keep him past that 72 hr mark, but he has to be independently examined by 2 providers.  I would say he's likely getting special compensations if he's being allowed outside meals to be brought to him-having his own clothes is likely a facility/unit decision.  

• Like 3

His notes are sadden me. They are the writings of someone who is lost and can't understand why. "I'm still confused on what I did wrong. I'm stuck here. I'm very sane". They are the thoughts of someone who is struggling and everyone around them see it. But to him, everyone else is crazy. I feel for whatever is happening with him.  

• Like 4

I used to take people into custody for 5150's often. Take them to mental care facilities, etc. I'm still confused as to why he's in there. Social media posts don't get you taken to these facilities. He had to have actually done something pretty crazy, repeatedly, to be taken into forced mental care custody. I haven't seen anything come out yet to warrant such a process.  There's more to this story. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 101Raider said:

Honestly pretty standard stuff, with the exception of the sleep situation-not sure what to make of that.  In LV it's a standard 72 hr hold for safety purposes(called a 5150, here in Colorado it's an M1).  During that time, he's given emergency medications if he poses a safety threat to himself or others.  A court order can keep him past that 72 hr mark, but he has to be independently examined by 2 providers.  I would say he's likely getting special compensations if he's being allowed outside meals to be brought to him-having his own clothes is likely a facility/unit decision.  

You can get admitted for social media posts?

I thought you needed more than that like actually physically being a threat or making verbal threats to harm yourself or others. Interesting 

13 minutes ago, NickButera said:

I used to take people into custody for 5150's often. Take them to mental care facilities, etc. I'm still confused as to why he's in there. Social media posts don't get you taken to these facilities. He had to have actually done something pretty crazy, repeatedly, to be taken into forced mental care custody. I haven't seen anything come out yet to warrant such a process.  There's more to this story. 

Just posted this. Maybe times have changed. Injecting him with random stuff is that even legal. I’m assuming he didn’t resist which would’ve made things worse.

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

He's lost it. 

That said, I don't know what to make of his Zeigler comments. On one hand, I think it's a bad look given that Mark Davis already told him the team was there for him. If Zeigler is dodging, that's sort of messed up. On the other, Dave could well be in an unwinnable situation, because I don't think anything he does one way or another would be accepted as adequate by Jones in his current state, meaning Mark stuck foot in mouth and over-promised trying to do the right thing. 

100% certain this is not an enviable situation. 

I dont think Mark did anything wrong other than say he will try and help. Jones has clearly lost it and as I said earlier he is in denial and doesn't think he needs help. He's lashing out at the organization, what happened to his sexual abuse allegations. By now if he was actually sane he would have just said ABC is why I'm upset with the Raiders in a coherent manner.

What is Ziegler supposed to do? Keep taking calls from a guy who needs mental health but doesn't want it, so he can keep making claims about things that may not be true, if the Raiders initially sent mental health people to check on him and he refused then really what can you do. Zeigler has people he can put in charge to try and help otherwise he has team stuff to worry about, like his job after this season lol.

39 minutes ago, NickButera said:

That's the thing you or I haven't seen it, but the people dealing with him have. He's posting his own narrative while the people around him trying to protect his medical privacy. I'm pretty sure it's not just about social media post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You can get admitted for social media posts?

I thought you needed more than that like actually physically being a threat or making verbal threats to harm yourself or others. Interesting 

Not for social media posts alone would he have been committed.  Whenever the crisis intervention team checked on him, the assumption is that they determined that he or others were in danger. 

Total guess on my part, but I find it likely he said something that triggered safety concerns when he started ranting about Raider's managment involved in child abuse.  Don't think it's a far leap to assume he said something that could be implied as a threat.  Could've also happened when he was locked out of the facility. Pretty sure thats not SOP to lock out their players and that they'd have free access, not really a stretch to wonder if he was acting erratic or threatening at that point.  

Edited by 101Raider