Waiver Wire Advice Thread

NYRaider

5 hours ago, Snake Plissken said:

Devon Achane or Tank Dell?

I am pretty set at RB (Pollard, A. Jones, Kyren Williams, Jonathon Taylor, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill) and only have Tyreek and Greg Davis at WR. 

Tank Dell for sure in a redraft. I say this as one of Achane's biggest fans leading the Achane bandwagon on here during draft season. You have 3 RB's that will likely be at least comparable if not better most weeks in Pollard, Taylor, and Jones (this season). However if your 2 best WR's are Tyreek and Greg (Gabe?) Davis, I'd venture to say there is a good chance the Tank Dell would immediately become your WR2, or at worst be WR3 for you. Stroud and Dell seem to have great chemistry already and seem to be way ahead of the curve for rookies. Achane this year will have some blowup weeks, but he still is behind Hill, Waddle, and Mostert in terms of pecking order. Obviously Mostert is always a risk for injury, but even so, I view Achane as the #3/#4 option in that offense this season whereas Dell is likely going to be the #1/#2 option for the Texans. In other words, Dell should see more consistent volume at a position you need more at WR. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Tank Dell for sure in a redraft. I say this as one of Achane's biggest fans leading the Achane bandwagon on here during draft season. You have 3 RB's that will likely be at least comparable if not better most weeks in Pollard, Taylor, and Jones (this season). However if your 2 best WR's are Tyreek and Greg (Gabe?) Davis, I'd venture to say there is a good chance the Tank Dell would immediately become your WR2, or at worst be WR3 for you. Stroud and Dell seem to have great chemistry already and seem to be way ahead of the curve for rookies. Achane this year will have some blowup weeks, but he still is behind Hill, Waddle, and Mostert in terms of pecking order. Obviously Mostert is always a risk for injury, but even so, I view Achane as the #3/#4 option in that offense this season whereas Dell is likely going to be the #1/#2 option for the Texans. In other words, Dell should see more consistent volume at a position you need more at WR. 

Thanks for the advice.  I was debating the value of Dell to my lineup (as you point out well) vs the potential upside of Achane.  Also considering if by grabbing Achane I could flip him for a WR upgrade.   

12 hours ago, Snake Plissken said:

Devon Achane or Tank Dell?

I am pretty set at RB (Pollard, A. Jones, Kyren Williams, Jonathon Taylor, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill) and only have Tyreek and Greg Davis at WR. 

Go for both.  Drop your kicker and if you land both. Work hard to make a trade.  Good assets are valuable.  Worst case is you have to drop someone on sunday to add a kicker.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Wash’s D vs Chi or MIAs vs NYG?

I stashed Washington's defense because it's a Thursday matchup. The Giants may not be so bad off if a guy like Andrew Thomas is back next week, so I'd rather just roll with Washington than risk it on Miami

I don't think defenses playing the bears are injury dependent. Fields is going to give you sacks, probably turnovers

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

I stashed Washington's defense because it's a Thursday matchup. The Giants may not be so bad off if a guy like Andrew Thomas is back next week, so I'd rather just roll with Washington than risk it on Miami

I don't think defenses playing the bears are injury dependent. Fields is going to give you sacks, probably turnovers

Ya, that’s probably best. I’ll put a claim in 

On 10/3/2023 at 11:56 AM, tyler735 said:

Any Cowboys fans thoughts on Jake Ferguson? Think he will he be the next Dalton Shultz type player at TE for the Cowboys? 

I just picked him up. I have Goedert and Henry but I think I’ll be starting Jake more often than not. Dak uses his tight ends. I think we’ve seen that enough over the years. Not a Cowboy fan though, just thought I’d give my opinion. 

On 9/19/2023 at 11:09 AM, NcFinest9erFan said:

After two weeks, it doesn't seem like they want him to run. So to me that really kills the potential we all know he has. I think they've only called a handful of designed runs for him.  I honestly don't like his next three matchups either(KC, Den, Was).

Mainly I am basing this off my history lol. 2013 I owned Kaep. He had a great week one vs the packers then poop hit the fan. Instead of looking at other options as the year went on, I stuck with him and yeah I still made the playoffs but ultimately I was on that boat too long. 2016 I traded for Cam Newton, tried to buy low. He never really regained the MVP form but I kept thinking its this week and so on. So for me I gotta jump off the train lol.

Did you end up dumping Fields?  

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

GET IN LINE! I've been hearing it from my home league since last night but yeah I did dump him after the two weeks. I have Richardson now so honestly it doesn't bother me lol. 

Thats a solid swap IMO.  But was wondering what ended up happening.  I am assuming he was picked up quickly.