Week 3: New Orleans Saints (2-0) at Green Bay Packers (1-1)

Old Guy

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

They also want their best five on the field and Newman isn't one of them. So again, what is your actual point? That a tackle can't slide inside in case of an emergency. Which this basically is an emergency. 

This isn’t an emergency like you are proclaiming it is.  

How many snaps has Walker gotten at OG?

I know you can’t really predict injuries, but maybe it’s time to plan our roster as if we won’t have Bakh and Watson available…And outside of Jones where did these injuries even come from? Didn’t Bakh and Alexander both finish the last game they played in? I’m a PT so I get how injuries work, but I don’t understand if we are just this unlucky or if the staff is that conservative or what.

15 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

It's a frustration thing .. 3rd game of the season and half the starters injured.  Training, coaching, nfl players union pushing no contact practices, diet, murphy's law, packer doctors/staff most conservative in the league?  Gotten to the point of ridiculous.   

Can't do much about the Bakh stuff, but the soft tissue stuff is conditioning and stretching.  It won't get better as it gets colder, they need to look at how they are preparing.

Edited by NFLGURU

17 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

NO: 27

GB: 16

The Saints haven't scored 27 points in a game since November of last season, 8 games ago. The Packers haven't given up that many points in a game since November of a year ago, 8 games age.

You might be overreacting to an inactive list. Vegas still has the Packers as a 1-point favorite.     

• Like 1

You gotta get something out of the running game today whether its Dillon, Wilson or Taylor.  SOMETHING!!!  

The Saints weakness on offense is the interior OL.  Kenny Clark, Wyatt and Slaton need to be on their game both in the running game and pass rush.  

49 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Today is part of Jordan Loves growth, it might be the best thing for him.   Of course, we want to win, but Love can make big strides today with this bunch.

Most of the writers over at The RInger think that GB really nailed their WR/TE choice over the past couple years, even without Watson. 

Watson would be great as he's the one who REALLY has the elite traits and the raw speed to take the top off, but then again the holy quintogy of Driver/Jennings/Jones/Nelson/Cobb didn't really have a "deep threat" per se either. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

I know you can’t really predict injuries, but maybe it’s time to plan our roster as if we won’t have Bakh and Watson available…And outside of Jones where did these injuries even come from? Didn’t Bakh and Alexander both finish the last game they played in? I’m a PT so I get how injuries work, but I don’t understand if we are just this unlucky or if the staff is that conservative or what.

The Bahk part is already planned.  Watson having this many soft tissue injuries so early is definitely a problem.