Week #4 General šŸˆ Discussion

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, StatKing said:

Are we sure? I've seen plenty of QBs play through injury and still not look that bad. Maybe he just isn't playing good.

If you're not sure, what is there to criticize? If he sucks because he sucks, then yeah, there'd be something to criticize but by your own admission you don't really know.Ā  Odds are, we aren't going to know this year.Ā  If he sucks because of the injury, then what are you going to say besides they need to sit him?Ā 

Ā 

On 10/1/2023 at 1:53 PM, StatKing said:

I doubt he took the job thinking it would be this bad. He didn't want to be a part of a rebuild in NO where he was a football god, why would he want to do it in Denver? A season like this makes a lot of guys question their motives.

Same reason Theo Epstein left the Red Sox on top of the world to go the Cubs. It's an ego thing, they want to show they can do it themselves.

20 minutes ago, StatKing said:

So does Burrow get a pass for this season or are we allowed to actually criticize him?

Well you arent allowed to have an injured season and struggle as a result. People hold that against you. See Stafford last season.

I personally dont hold this season against him. He is hurt. The calf effects him just like the shoulder affected Stafford last season. Not to mention the OL is still bad for Burrow. Can Burrow even be relatively healthy? We know what he can do. We have seen it. He changed the way we view the Bengals.Ā 

The criticism for me is on the Bengals organization. I still say he shouldnt be out there right now. He is a shell of himself. He is only Burrow by name bc his game isnt what we know of Burrow.Ā 

Edited by stl4life07
  • Like 2