The Trade Deadline Cometh...

vike daddy

37 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Still don’t see the point. If you need someone to fill the gap for 4-6 games, sure, maybe get a Dalton or Tannehill to hold down the fort. But if Cousins season is over, do you really expect Dalton to do anything for you in terms of making a deep playoff run? That should be the goal, right?

If I’m trading for any QB, I might look at Trey Lance. 

Mullens should be back soon.

Lance is the only one I roll the dice on at this point. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, marshpit23 said:

I was wondering this as well. I know Wentz has fallen out of favor of, ummm every NFL team as he remains a free agent. A former 2nd overall pick free agent. What happened to him or is he simply a bust? Can a solid team, coach and locker room bring out the best in Wentz? He had all the tools, right? 

He's a cancer in the lockerroom and a terrible leader. Philly fans said he simply couldn't handle the fact that the team drafted Hurts early.

1 hour ago, Captain Relax said:

I wonder if Kwesi made an understanding with Colt McCoy should something happen to Kirk?  Otherwise, I  not sure why they brought him in and didn't sign him.  

I forgot they brought him in.  That would definitely be an option for depth

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Trey Lance would cost a 3rd... just can't roll the dice with that. 

Tannyhill has the playoff experience. Why not bring him in? Is he banged up long term? 

Tannehill would be a short term solution and I think there's a question on whether it's worth using up draft capital on a mid-tier QB that will replaced in the offseason.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Worm Guts said:

Tannehill would be a short term solution and I think there's a question on whether it's worth using up draft capital on a mid-tier QB that will replaced in the offseason.

Not like Tannehill will do anything in the playoffs either. Now if they liked him as a stop gap for a rookie next year, maybe it would make sense to get him in half a year early but I don’t know what Tannehills contract looks like next year.